Elon offers over 70 majors and quite a number of minors as well. We provide a list of classes for you to consider based your academic interests. We also note how a class counts in the Elon Core Curriculum when applicable. Simply select the College or School of interest under the Building Your Schedule tab to learn more about that area and recommended courses for new students.
Building Your Schedule
We offer a few simple keys to building your schedule:
- Review the classes already on your schedule. We pre-registered you for at least ELN 1010: First-Year Advising Seminar and either COR 1100: The Global Experience or ENG 1100: Writing – Argument & Inquiry. You may be enrolled in other courses related to a Scholarship, Fellowship, Accelerated Program, or Audition/Application Based major.
- Consider the majors of interest. Explore the Academic Catalog and focus on classes available at the 1000 and sometimes 2000 level. Read the descriptions of those classes of interest.
- Review the First-Year Only classes and locate topics that may be of interest.
- Use the Student Planning feature in OnTrack to explore courses offered for your first semester at Elon.
- Explore the Course Recommendations by Academic Discipline/Major.
- Write down classes of interest. We recommend using the FYAR Registration Advising Guidebook to assist you with tracking your interests.
Planning Your Schedule:
Building Your Schedule can be helpful in identifying common classes by majors. Planning the layout of your schedule it the next step. Consider the following in laying out your schedule:
- Balancing out your schedule
- Paying attention to the times of courses and what times will work best for you.
- Plan alternatives: Are you willing to take a key class of interest at a less preferred time? Or will you find an alternate class, wait list the preferred section, and hope to get in? (always find a back up if you wait list a class!)
- Keep in mind, classes can range from 70 minutes to 100 minutes
- Leave time for breaks between your classes
When are Classes Offered?
Please click the link below labeled “class days and times” for more information.
Some class times are different than what is listed, such as for lab science, studio art classes, and ELN 1010. Always check the times listed for the class in OnTrack to be certain of when a class is offered. But think about when you learn best using this chart.