Learning Assistance offers Elon University students drop-in and by-appointment tutoring, student success workshops, and individual student success consultations.
The mission of Learning Assistance is to support both faculty instruction and student learning by providing academic assistance, which reinforces and supplements the university curriculum.
Our goals include:
- Hiring qualified peer tutors to help students identify specific problems they are experiencing with their courses, establishing procedures for addressing those problems, and providing useful, immediate feedback concerning their progress.
- Training peer tutors to develop competence in tutoring methodology and interpersonal skills that will demonstrate respect for the whole person.
- Building self-respect and self-confidence in the students served so that they can become independent learners.
- Collaborating with faculty to ensure that academic support augments the classroom experience.
- Offering services that enhance a student’s academic experience.
- Collaborating with partners within The Koenigsberger Learning Center to provide holistic support for students.
- Organizing campus-wide initiatives and offering workshops to support a strong academic culture at Elon.