Location: Second Floor, Belk Library
Office Phone: (336) 278-6915
The mission of Learning Assistance is to support both faculty instruction and student learning by providing academic assistance, which reinforces and supplements the university curriculum.
Goals to accomplish this include:
- Hiring qualified peer tutors to help students identify specific problems they are experiencing with their courses, establishing procedures for addressing those problems, and providing useful, immediate feedback concerning their progress.
- Training peer tutors to develop competence in tutoring methodology and interpersonal skills that will demonstrate respect for the whole person.
- Building self-respect and self-confidence in the students served so that they can become independent learners.
- Working collaboratively with faculty to allocate tutors in creative and effective ways to meet both instructional demands of the classroom and the tutoring needs of students.
- Offering services that can enhance a student’s academic experience.
- Working collaboratively with other partners within The Koenigsberger Learning Center.
- Organizing campus-wide initiatives and administering workshops to support a strong academic culture at Elon.