Location: Second Floor, Koenigsberger Learning Center (adjoins Belk Library)
Office Phone: (336) 278-6915
The mission of Learning Assistance is to support both faculty instruction and student learning by providing academic assistance, which reinforces and supplements the university curriculum.
Our goals include:
- Hiring qualified peer tutors to help students identify specific problems they are experiencing with their courses, establishing procedures for addressing those problems, and providing useful, immediate feedback concerning their progress.
- Training peer tutors to develop competence in tutoring methodology and interpersonal skills that will demonstrate respect for the whole person.
- Building self-respect and self-confidence in the students served so that they can become independent learners.
- Collaborating with faculty to allocate tutors in creative and effective ways to meet both instructional demands of the classroom and the tutoring needs of students.
- Offering services that can enhance a student’s academic experience.
- Collaborating with other partners within The Koenigsberger Learning Center.
- Organizing campus-wide initiatives and administering workshops to support a strong academic culture at Elon.