Commencement 2013 Schedule
Click here to download the 2013 Commencement pocket guide.
Wednesday, May 15
Thursday, May 16 - Tuesday, May 21
Sunday, May 19
- Lavender Celebration, 4 – 6 p.m. , Isabella Cannon Room, Center for the Arts
The Elon LGBTQ Office invites graduates, families, and guests to this ceremony to congratulate and celebrate lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex and ally (LGBTQIA) graduates. Everyone is welcome, and students need not be an LGBTQIA leader or extensively involved with LGBTQIA issues on campus to be a part of Lavender Celebration. Participants will receive a rainbow tassel that they can choose to wear at graduation, and a reception will follow the ceremony. Please RSVP to email@example.com.
Wednesday, May 22
- Senior Class Picnic Lunch for graduates and Elon faculty & staff, Green behind Moseley, Noon – 2:00 p.m.
- Senior Gala, McKinnon Hall, 9 p.m. – midnight
- Interactive Media Reception for student work, 2nd Floor Powell, 6-8 p.m.
Thursday, May 23
- African American Commencement Reception, 6:30-8 p.m., Oaks 212
The commencement reception is hosted by the Alumni Engagement Office, Elon Black Alumni Network, and Multicultural Center. The program will honor all African American graduates. Alumni, family and friends are invited to attend. To RSVP for this event, please contact Durice White '09 at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-278-7463.
- Interactive Media M.A. Graduation Ceremony, Whitley Auditorium, 7 p.m. Reception immediately following for friends and family on Long Patio. In case of inclement weather the reception will be in McEwen, Studio B.
Friday, May 24
- ROTC Commissioning Ceremony, 11 a.m. Holt Chapel, South Campus
- Elon Hillel Graduation Reception and Open House with light luncheon and refreshments, 12:30-2 p.m., Sklut Hillel Center at 401 E. College Ave.
- Receptions for Graduates and their families hosted by faculty in Elon College and the schools of Business, Communications and Education, 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
Elon College, The College of Arts and Sciences graduates and families – Front of Lindner Hall (Rain location: Lindner Foyer)
Love School of Business graduates and families – Chandler Fountain and Plaza (Rain location: Koury Business center, first floor)
School of Communications graduates and families – Manfuso Plaza (Rain location: McEwen Communications Building, Studio B)
School of Education graduates and families – Front Porch of Mooney Building (Rain location: Mooney 111)
- Baccalaureate, Alumni Gym, Koury Center, 3 p.m.
- Celebration of Leaders for the Twenty-First Century and Reception, McCrary Theatre, 5 p.m. Reception following on Fine Arts Terrace (Rain location: ICR & Gallery-rain location)
- M.B.A. Graduation Ceremony, Whitley Auditorium, 7 p.m. (reception to follow)
Saturday, May 25
- Continental Breakfast – Scott Plaza, 7:30 a.m
Graduates participating in Commencement Under the Oaks should arrive at Jordan Gym no later than 8:15 a.m.
- The 123nd Commencement Exercises Under the Oaks, 9:15 a.m. Tickets are not required. (reception to follow on Scott Plaza) Rain Plan: If the weather forecast predicts rain that will clear during the morning hours, the university may delay the start of the outdoor ceremony until 10:30 a.m. If conditions do not improve, Commencement exercises will be moved to Alumni Gym in Koury Athletic Center. Graduates may pick up two rain tickets in Alamance 109 (Office of Student Life) beginning May 6. It is the responsibility of each graduate to give the tickets to those who will use them on May 25.
- Reception for international student graduates and their families, Isabella Cannon Global Education Center, immediately following Commencement
- School of Law Commencement, 6 p.m., Under the Oaks (reception to follow around Fonville Fountain)
For more information download the 2013 School of Law Commencement pocket guide.