Commencement information for graduates
Letter to students (April 27, 2015)
Commencement Rain Plan
2015 Commencement Pocket Guide
Commencement 2015 Schedule
Monday, May 4
- Lavender Graduation, Oaks 212, 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday, May 13
Thursday, May 14 - Tuesday, May 19
Wednesday, May 20
- Senior Class Picnic with Faculty and Staff, Sacred Groves at Martin Alumni Center, Noon – 2 p.m.
(Rain Location: Lakeside Second Floor) The Office of Alumni Engagement is hosting a farewell picnic for all graduating members of the senior class and Elon faculty and staff.
- Senior Gala, McKinnon Hall, 9 p.m. to midnight
A senior celebration finale before the weekend festivities begin. Admission for graduating seniors is free. Guest tickets are $10. Semi-formal attire requested.
Thursday, May 21
- African American Commencement Reception- A Reception for African American Seniors and their families, Lakeside 2nd Floor, 6:30 p.m.
Invitations will be mailed to graduates and alumni by the Office of Alumni Engagement. If you have questions, call 877-784-3566.
- Interactive Media M.A. Graduation Ceremony, Whitley Auditorium, 7 p.m.
Friday, May 22
- ROTC Commissioning Ceremony, 11 a.m. Holt Chapel, South Campus
- Receptions for Graduates and their families, hosted by faculty of Elon College and the schools of Business, Communications and Education, 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
Locations for receptions:
Elon College, The College of Arts and Sciences – Front of Lindner Hall
(Rain location: Lindner Foyer)
Love School of Business – Chandler Fountain and Plaza
(Rain location: Koury Business center, First Floor)
School of Communications – Manfuso Plaza
(Rain location: McEwen Communications Building, Studio B)
School of Education – Front Porch of Mooney Building
(Rain location: Mooney 111)
- Baccalaureate, Alumni Gym, Koury Center, 3 p.m.
Graduates are invited to sit with their families for Baccalaureate.
- Celebration of Leaders for the Twenty-First Century, Great Hall, Global Neighborhood, 5 p.m. Graduating Business Fellows, Communications Fellows, Elon College Fellows, Honors Fellows, Isabella Cannon Leadership Fellows, Lumen Scholars, Elon Teaching Fellows and Periclean Scholars will be recognized at a ceremony that highlights their talents and accomplishments. A reception will follow.
- Legacy Reception for Graduates and Their Alumni Parents, Grandparents and Siblings, Lakeside 2nd Floor, 5:30 - 7 p.m. (Rain Location: Lakeside 2nd Floor)
If a parent, grandparent or sibling of a graduate is an alumnus, an invitation will be mailed by the
Office of Alumni Engagement. Parking is available in the McMichael Parking Lot. If you have questions, call 877-784-3566.
- Master of Business Administration Commencement, Whitley Auditorium, 7 p.m.
Saturday, May 23
- Continental Breakfast– Scott Plaza, 7:30 a.m
The University faculty host graduating students and their families at a continental breakfast around Fonville Fountain.
- Graduates assemble in Jordan Gym, 8 a.m.
Graduating students must be in Jordan Gym promptly at 8 a.m. in caps and gowns. Your presence is required. If you are late or improperly attired, you will not be permitted to participate in the Commencement Exercises. Faculty and staff will organize the line of march. Jeffrey Clark, Executive Director of Cultural and Special Programs, will send you detailed instructions regarding your part in the commencement program.
- Commencement Under the Oaks, Processional begins at 9:15 a.m.
Charlie Cook will deliver Elon’s 125th Commencement address. After graduation, there will be a reception hosted by academic departments on Scott Plaza. Reception locations will be posted in the pocket guide that is sent in April to graduates and their parents. (Rain location for Commencement is Alumni Gym in Koury Center. See Rain Plan.)
- School of Law Commencement Under the Oaks, 6 p.m.
Additional information about School of Law commencement week activities can be found on the School of Law website.