The Master of Arts in Higher Education program enrolls in August. Applications are evaluated on a rolling basis. Please submit all required application materials no later than January 5. We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible for full scholarship. Applications completed after the deadline will be considered based on space availability.
* We are no longer accepting applications for fall 2018 enrollment. The application for fall 2019 enrollment will open this summer.
- Evidence of an earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and any graduate studies completed or taken, and sent to Elon’s Office of Graduate Admissions from the institution; transcripts may be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
2750 Campus Box
Elon, NC 27244
- Recommended GPA of 3.0 or higher for undergraduate work
- If you have less than a 3.0 cumulative GPA, you must take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or the Miller Analogies Test (MAT); have your official GRE or MAT scores sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions using Elon’s GRE code of 5183 or MAT code of 1355
- Personal Statement – The statement should be no more than 1,500 words and should address the following:
1. Why do you want to study at Elon and describe the impact you want to make in higher education?
2. What experience, skills and characteristics do you possess that make you a strong candidate for the higher education program and profession?
3. Describe one issue or challenge facing higher education that you hope to address as a professional.
- Two letters of recommendation – one from a faculty member who can speak to the quality of your academic skills and writing, and one from a supervisor or mentor associated with a recent work or leadership role
- A completed application with a $50 nonrefundable fee
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required unless English is the student’s native language or the language of instruction; a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) or 79 (Internet-based) is required; English translations of transcripts and explanations of grading systems are required; exceptions to these requirements may be considered under special circumstances
Applications to the Master of Arts in Higher Education program will be evaluated by an admissions committee. Following that review, the committee will determine who will be granted conditional admission and be invited to Preview Weekend. Every student conditionally admitted will be given full consideration for a scholarship; no separate application form is necessary for scholarship consideration. Conditionally admitted students will be notified of their scholarship status and amount no later than the week of January 15, 2018.
Preview Weekend for the upcoming 2018-2019 academic year will be Sunday and Monday, February 25-26. During Preview Weekend students will interview for apprenticeships available in a variety of departments at Elon. Candidates must interview for, be offered and accept an approve apprenticeship before final admission to the MHE program is granted. The apprenticeships for which students may apply to interview are described at Apprenticeships.
Applicants who submitted a completed application by the January 5 deadline will receive full consideration for invitations to Preview Weekend. Applications completed after the deadline will be considered based on space availability.