The Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) prepares nurses who are committed to local and global health equity and demonstrate the ability to think broadly, critically and creatively to optimize client-centered care. The ABSN program is an intensive, 16-month second degree program. Individuals who have completed a bachelor’s degree and want to pursue nursing should apply.
Join us for a virtual information session:
Tuesday, October 11 at 7:30 PM EDT
Tuesday, November 15 at 7:30 PM EST
- Complete your BSN in 16 months starting in fall and finishing the following December.
- Receive top quality on-site delivery instruction and first-rate clinical instruction at area hospitals and clinics.
- Intensive simulation experiences, including high-fidelity manikins and standardized patients, with embedded formative and summative evaluations.
- Community-driven, health-related service learning in collaboration with a local or global community partner/organization.
- Development of effective and empathetic communication skills, including strategies for sharing difficult news, engaging in difficult conversations, listening actively and being emotionally present.
- Pursuit of evidence-based nursing practice, including the location, critical appraisal, translation and contributions to the scholarly foundation of nursing as a discipline.
- Responsibility toward professionalism and management of nursing practice, including nursing policy and regulation, communication and teamwork, quality improvement, safety and the use of informatics/technology to optimize outcomes.
- Creation of personal wellness habits in healthcare providers, including development of resiliency and commitment to lifelong self-care.
The ABSN program tuition is billed in 4-semester cycles for the 16-month program. Tuition is $16,079.75 per semester for the fall 2022 cohort. Estimated costs for additional fees include Clinical Learning: $600-$700 (physical exam, CPR, criminal background and drug screening, clinical uniforms, and nursing supply kit), Academic Resources: $1,500 (NCLEX RN prep software, simulation fees, virtual learning platforms, and eBooks/textbooks).
The listed costs do not include living, travel, or personal expenses.
Program and Application Requirements
ABSN cohorts begin each fall. The fall 2023 application opens in August 2022. You are required to submit the following as part of the application.
Please note: bachelor’s degree and prerequisite coursework may be in progress when applying but must be completed before the ABSN program starts in August 2023.
- Submit the NursingCAS application
- Completed bachelor’s degree in any field with a minimum GPA 3.0
- 18-24 credit hours of coursework including
- Human Anatomy & Physiology (6-8 credits)
- Microbiology (3-4 credits)
- Basic Statistics (3-4 credits)
- Human Growth and Development or Developmental Psychology (3-4 credits)
- Nutrition (3-4) Credits
- Request official transcripts from all institutions attended be sent to NursingCAS
- Upload a personal statement in the Documents section of NursingCAS
- Request official Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) scores be sent to Elon (Proficient level at or above 65)
How to Apply
- Visit NursingCAS.org
- Click “Apply Now” in the upper-right corner
- Select “Fall 2023” for the term
- Click “Apply”
- Create or sign-in to your account
- Search for “Elon University”
- Click the “+” to select
Additional information and instructions can be found on the programs Home page.
*The Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing programs is approved by the North Carolina Board of Nursing and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.