Elon offers an Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN)* program for individuals who have completed a bachelor’s degree in any field who desire to return to complete their Bachelor of Science in Nursing. The program is completed in 16 months and is cohort based.
Join us for a virtual information session
Learn about the program’s structure and benefits from the Dean of the School of Health Sciences and Director of Transfer and Special Admissions. They will share program details and highlight experiences including curriculum, professional opportunities, and admission requirements. The session will conclude with time for presenters to answer questions.
Check back for upcoming sessions or view March 18, 2021 information session available here. The passcode is fdH@=V6S.
Who should apply?
Individuals who have completed a bachelor’s degree and want to pursue nursing.
- Complete your BSN in 16 months starting in fall and finishing the following December.
- Receive top quality on-site delivery instruction and first-rate clinical instruction at area hospitals and clinics.
- Intensive simulation experiences, including high-fidelity manikins and standardized patients, with embedded formative and summative evaluations.
- Community-driven, health-related service learning in collaboration with a local or global community partner/organization.
- Development of effective and empathetic communication skills, including strategies for sharing difficult news, engaging in difficult conversations, listening actively and being emotionally present.
- Pursuit of evidence-based nursing practice, including the location, critical appraisal, translation and contributions to the scholarly foundation of nursing as a discipline.
- Responsibility toward professionalism and management of nursing practice, including nursing policy and regulation, communication and teamwork, quality improvement, safety and the use of informatics/technology to optimize outcomes.
- Creation of personal wellness habits in healthcare providers, including development of resiliency and commitment to lifelong self-care.
Program and Application Requirements
The opportunity for admission and enrollment into Elon’s Accelerated BSN program will require an application be completed by June 1 to enroll in the subsequent fall semester. The application should include the following prerequisites:
- Completed bachelor’s degree in any field with a minimum GPA 3.0
- 18-24 credit hours of coursework including
- Human Anatomy & Physiology (6-8 credits)
- Microbiology (3-4 credits)
- Basic Statistics (3-4 credits)
- Human Growth and Development or Developmental Psychology (3-4 credits)
- Nutrition (3-4) Credits
- Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) score at or above Proficient level (65)
- American Heart Association BLS Health Care Provider CPR certificate
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Conducted in-person or online interview
*The Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing programs is approved by the North Carolina Board of Nursing and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.