The purpose of the E-Commerce Committee is to ensure all e-commerce activity at Elon University conforms with applicable laws, regulations, and university policies.
The e-commerce committee will evaluate business practices as related to e-commerce activity to ensure proper recording of payment information in the university’s financial systems, and monitoring for unrelated business income activity. The committee has responsibility for :
- Business practices related to e-commerce activity;
- Compliance with credit card processing and credit card handling practices in all forms; and
- Software applications that facilitate e-commerce activity.
E-Commerce Committee Membership
- Assistant Vice President for Business and Finance (Chair)
- Assistant Vice President for Administrative Services
- Assistant Vice President for Technology and Chief Information Officer
- Director of Internal Audit
- Information Security Director
- Director of Application Technologies
- University Bursar
Credit Card Use and Compliance (PCI Compliance)
Elon University intends to follow all PCI-DSS regulations in its handling and processing of credit cards and credit card information.
- Elon University’s PCI Information Security Policy
- Policy Definitions
- Employee Agreement to Comply with Elon University PCI Information Security Policy