Awareness Training Modules
We all play an important role in securing Elon University’s sensitive information. Our material explores core information security awareness topics that are critical to safeguarding university data and information. We have a variety of videos that can be access in two different ways.
- Log into our Information Security Course on our Moodle platform and watch the videos on security and compliance
- Follow the directions below on how to obtain additional/ training through LinkedIn Learning.
Let’s do our part in learning more about information security-related threats, and how to protect ourselves and Elon from the danger they pose. You are required to watch at least one video each school year, though you are welcome to view as many as you want, and as often as you like.
Explore options below to learn more about about additional information security training modules offered through LinkedIn Learning.
- To begin one of the training modules below, you must first activate your free LinkedIn Learning account. Visit the account activation login page and enter your Elon email address. Continue by following the instructions on your screen to activate your account. Connecting your LinkedIn Learning account with your LinkedIn Learning profile is optional, not required. Learn more about first-time account access and account linking.
- Once your account is activated, select one of the trainings linked below. You may be asked to login using your Elon email username and password, as you would for other Elon single sign on (SSO) applications.
- Once you have completed the training module, a record of your completion will remain in your LinkedIn Learning account for future reference/confirmation.
You Are the Shield: Passwords
We all play an important role in securing Elon University’s sensitive information. In this training module, we will explore common best practices for creating and managing passwords. You may know that creating long, unique passwords for your accounts is a good habit, but how do we remember all of these passwords? Password management services like LastPass can help.
Passwords Training Module
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
Since Elon University stores, transmits and/or processes cardholder data, the university is required to follow Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). PCI DSS is an information security standard for organizations that manage credit card information. The standard was developed to increase the security of cardholder data in an effort to reduce credit card fraud.
Elon staff who work in campus departments that manage or otherwise handle cardholder data must complete related training and submit a signed Agreement to Comply with Elon’s PCI Information Security Policies, which will remain on file in the Office of Administrative Services. To begin, complete the training module linked below.
PCI DSS Training Module: Learning Secure Payments and PCI (LinkedIn Learning)
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) was developed in 1996 as part of the Social Security Act with the primary purpose to protect health care coverage for individuals who lose or change their jobs. This training details critical information about HIPAA and the rights of all employees at Elon.
HIPAA Training Module