The Elon Law Library is open to the following categories of persons:
- All current students, faculty, and staff of Elon University
- Elon University alumni
- Admitted members of the bar association (attorneys) presenting a bar identification card or other evidence of bar membership.
- The general public with legal research needs, only from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. The law school and law library are not open to the general public, except during this period and then only for legal research. Members of the general public utilizing the law library may not bring bags of any kind into the facility, including but not limited to, bookbags, messenger bags or briefcases, duffel bags, or purses.
All entrants to the law school and law library are expected to follow all policies and guidelines of the law school and Elon University and to not interfere with the use of the law library by current students, faculty, staff or other users of the law library. Anyone failing to follow these policies will be denied entrance or asked to leave the facility, and repeated failures may result in losing entrance privileges.
Access for the following categories of persons may be granted at the discretion of the Associate Dean for Library and Information Services:
- Current students and faculty of North Carolina law schools
- Current students of local colleges and universities
- Graduates of other law schools who are studying for the bar exam
Patrons who are not current Elon Law students, faculty or staff cannot access the printers and should bring a personal USB drive (thumb drive) to save their research.