It is the responsibility of the student to understand remaining degree requirements and schedule final courses appropriately.
The Degree Audit
The degree audit is the official advising tool. It is used to determine if you are eligible to graduate, so it is crucial that you run it often and review it with your advisor to ensure you are on track. If you have questions about your audit after speaking with your advisor, please contact the Office of the Registrar for assistance.
Before you submit your application, run your audit to verify your program information is correct. Are the correct majors, specializations, and minors listed? If not, email email@example.com to correct it before you apply.
Your FERPA Rights
Your name and program information may be published on the Graduation Candidates List and in the Commencement Program. If you do not want your name included in these publications, please submit a FERPA Directory Hold to our office.
Applying for Graduation
Students must apply for graduation by the deadline corresponding to their desired graduation term:
|Graduation Term||Deadline to Apply||Graduation Date|
|Summer 2020||July 6, 2020||August 3, 2020|
|Fall 2020||August 25, 2020||December 16, 2020|
|Winter 2021||October 28, 2020||January 30, 2021|
|Spring 2021||October 28, 2020||May 21, 2021|
|Summer 2021||July 6, 2021||August 3, 2021|
Access the graduation application using your OnTrack username and password. For an explanation of the application questions, please refer to the Application Guide below.
- Preferred Name on Diploma – how your name will appear on your diploma and in the commencement program.
e.g. John Andre Doe Jr.
- Name to Call at Ceremony – which two names you want announced as you walk across the stage. This is typically the first and last or middle and last name, with the exception of double or hyphenated names.
e.g. Andre Doe
- Phonetic Spelling – how to pronounce your name, if different than what we might expect.
- Hometown – the city and state (or international equivalent) where you are from. This is printed in the commencement program. Please avoid abbreviations.
e.g. Elon, North Carolina
- Seeking Two Degrees – indicates you plan on earning two degrees (this is different than two majors). For more information, check the Earning Two Undergraduate Degrees catalog requirements prior to toggling yes on the application.
e.g. Yes – Andre earns a BSBA in Finance and also a BFA in Acting
e.g. No – Andre earns BS in Computer Science with a second major in Marketing
- Attend Commencement – indicates if you plan on attending the commencement ceremony in the spring. If you graduate in the fall, winter, or summer, you are still invited to participate in the spring ceremony.
e.g. Yes – Andre is graduating in the fall, but he will return to campus in the spring for the ceremony.
e.g. No – Andre is graduating in the spring, but does not plan on participating in the ceremony.
- Diploma Mailing Address – where you would like your diploma mailed after graduation. This may be after you leave campus, so ensure this is a permanent address.
e.g. Andre decides to use his parents’ address:
123 Sample Drive
Charlotte, North Carolina, 28202
If you need to make any changes to your submitted application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.