With a four-hour course structure and an innovative one-month Winter Term, students have more time for experiential learning. All classes are taught by faculty scholars who are deeply committed to their vocation of teaching. Their dedication extends beyond the classroom as they form mentoring relationships with students that last a lifetime.
U.S. News National Universities: Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching
- 1. Princeton University
- 2. Elon University
- 3. Brown University
- 3. Georgia State University
- 5. College of William & Mary
- 5. Dartmouth College
- 7. Boston College
- 8. Miami University-Oxford (Ohio)
- 8. Rice University
- 10. Arizona State University-Tempe
Elon is one of only seven private universities with nationally accredited professional schools of business, communications, education, health sciences and law, along with a Phi Beta Kappa chapter, which promotes the liberal arts and sciences.
The undergraduate experience is a time to sort through who you are and who you want to become. The best way to do that is in relationships with people who can listen to you, hold you accountable to what you say you value, and help you see different visions of what you could be.
Preparing students for a lifetime of disruption
With rapidly evolving world economies, students must be agile and resilient. They can expect to hold 12-15 different jobs in their lifetimes, maybe more.
To survive and thrive, students need the core skills of a liberal arts and sciences education:
- Broad knowledge of the social, material and natural worlds
- Curiosity and questioning
- Critical thinking, analysis and interpretation
- Research across disciplines
- Global perspective and cultural understanding
- Written, oral and visual communication