An Elon education emphasizes engaged experiences that transform the way students see the world. The Odyssey Program, which is part of the Center for Access and Success, is a highly selective merit-based program consisting of talented individuals who are academically strong, civically engaged, action-oriented leaders in their communities, who will benefit from an Elon education and demonstrate financial need.
Should you apply?
The ideal scholar is ready to make a difference, not only within the Elon community, but also in the broader community as a student and after you graduate. Students selected for the program are recipients of a number of prestigious, endowed scholarships.
Previous students in the Odyssey Program have included students who:
- Are the first members of their family to attend college (neither parent/legal guardian has completed a four-year college degree)
- Have not had the opportunity for enriching educational experiences due to personal circumstances or the socioeconomic climate of their community
- Have achieved success despite hardship or challenge
- Will bring cultural or socioeconomic diversity to Elon
- Are eligible for the Federal Pell Grant
To be considered for a program scholarship, students must complete the Odyssey Program application by January 10, 2020, and the FAFSA and CSS Profile as soon as possible after October 1, 2019. To apply for Odyssey Program, complete the form accessible from your application status page once you have submitted your first-year application. Upon completion and submission of these materials, the Scholarship Committee will review your application and you will be considered for all awards for which you are eligible (based on gender and geographic restrictions).