Elon’s minor in Italian Studies is an interdisciplinary minor with an intensive focus on the Italian language and culture. Italian language study through 222 comprises the core coursework, with electives coming from many different departments. The Italian Studies minor provides students with a knowledge of the Italian language and culture from a variety of perspectives: linguistic, literary, cultural, historical, artistic, philosophical and political. Study abroad in Italy is strongly encouraged.
Why should you consider a minor in Italian Studies?
- Exciting cultural and language events in the Cultural Event Calendar.
- Small classes and individual attention from your professors.
- Italian is a fun and extroverted language. Come find a new way to express yourself.
- Study Abroad in Florence or Sorrento. Internships in a variety of fields and in English and/or Italian can be completed in Sorrento.
- Business opportunities in the U.S. and abroad.
- Graduate programs in international studies and business look for multilingual applicants.
- A myriad of fantastic opportunities on and off campus for students of Italian, including the Italian Club, the World Languages Floor in the Global Neighborhood, regular conversation hours, video game and board game nights, culinary presentations, and more.
Want to learn more? Contact the Italian Studies Coordinator, Dr. Brandon Essary (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.