Welcome to Elon’s Reserve Officers’ Training Corps program
Elon University, in cooperative agreement with North Carolina A&T State University, offers an Army ROTC program and an Air Force ROTC program.
- ROTC programs are designed to recruit, educate and commission college men and women for leadership roles as officers for the United States Army or Air Force.
- ROTC programs provide instruction in specific Army or Air Force content, promote fitness, and emphasizes the development of leadership, collaboration, integrity and personal responsibility.
- College level ROTC courses are credit-bearing electives that count towards the total required credits for graduation.
- The first two years of Army or Air Force ROTC courses is open to any interested student without obligation for military service unless the student is receiving an ROTC scholarship.
- The third and fourth years of Army or Air Force ROTC courses requires a commitment to enter military service following graduation.
- For Elon University students all ROTC courses are taught at North Carolina A&T State University in Greensboro, NC. Elon students register for ROTC classes each semester through the Greater Greensboro Consortium program with assistance from Elon’s Registrar’s office.
- Students may apply for a competitive Army or Air Force ROTC scholarship to apply to tuition while earning a degree at Elon. Students who receive a scholarship have committed to being commissioned as an officer and entering military service following graduation.
- Elon provides ROTC scholarship recipients with free on-campus housing and board during the period that the ROTC scholarship pays tuition. The room and board scholarship is equivalent to a regular double room and up to the cost of the All Access + 7 meal plan.
- Use the Scholarship link on the left to learn more about the various levels of scholarship support and goarmy.com/rotc or afrotc.com to learn more about Army and Air Force ROTC.