Interested in Joining Detachment 605?
Traditional freshman please follow the registration procedures below to register to become a cadet.
Students in sophomore academic standing may still register for courses but will need to take both AS100 and AS200 level courses during their first year. Please be sure to contact us prior to registering so we may verify your academic standing and projected graduation date.
All students must have a minimum of 3 full academic years remaining in order to complete our program.
Fall 2017 Registration Procedures and Required Items
Important Information for Consortium and Crosstown Students:
- Class & Lab Registration – Obtain a consortium or crosstown agreement form from your home school Registrar’s office. Complete the form using the Aerospace Studies class schedule and gather signatures from your Registrar’s office.
- Bring your completed form to the Air Force ROTC office, located in Campbell Hall, on August 15, 2017, between the hours of 9:00 am-3:00 pm. Campbell Hall AFROTC is building #9 on our campus map. You can reach the Air Force ROTC office at 336-334-7707.
- AFTER validation of your classes at Campbell Hall, bring the original copy of the consortium form to NC A&T Registrar’s Office, located in Dowdy Building #19 (on the campus map). A copy of your completed crosstown agreement, or the green copy of your completed consortium form, should be given to your Registrar’s office to receive credit for consortium classes.
- Parking Passes – Obtain a copy of your consortium agreement to present to your home school’s Parking Services. They will then present you with a consortium parking pass.
- Reminder: Crosstown registration is only available on August 15, 2017 between the hours of 9:00 am-3:00 pm. You will not be permitted to register outside of these dates unless your school’s first day of classes begin later than August 15, 2017.
- This program is not designed for students who are academic Juniors or Seniors. However, an intensive two-year program is currently available for calendar year 2019. For more information about the two-year program, please contact us.
- YOU MUST REGISTER FOR CLASS AND LAB TO BE CONSIDERED AN ACTIVE CADET.
- Your lab grade includes participation in morning Physical Training (PT) at 0600 on Tuesday and Thursday of every week.
- No commitments to the Air Force are required simply for taking AFROTC class and lab.
Required items must be turned in by August 31, 2017 during the in-processing Cadet Wingman Day (located at Campbell Hall). Without these items, you will not be able to participate in the program:
- Current Sports Physical (Also available in office or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- ORIGINAL Birth Certificate
- ORIGINAL Social Security Card
- SAT/ACT Score Printout
- College Transcripts (if applicable)
- JROTC/CAP certificate (if applicable)
- Private Pilot’s License (if applicable)
- Copy of Selective Service Number for males 18 and over
Original copies are returned to the cadet once a copy is made by our Cadre. Copies submitted by cadets will not be accepted.