WGSS is committed to sponsoring quality programming that aligns with our mission and values. Throughout each academic year, we aim to bring forth opportunities for Elon’s students, faculty, and staff to engage in conversations about gender and sexualities. The community can expect to see a regular slate of programming from WGSS, which may also work in partnership with campus organizations, offices, and programs with shared interests.
In a given year, you can expect:
- Events (fall and spring) to bring together existing and prospective minors
- Faculty/staff working group for those interested and engaged in WGSS-related scholarship
- An event to highlight WGSS-related campus scholarship
- An event supported by the Lauren Dunne Astley Memorial Lecture
- End of year banquet to celebrate our program and graduating minors
Plus one or more of the following:
- A prominent film/documentary screening
- A regional, national, or international speaker
- An event highlighting timely issues “in the news”
Program & Event Co-Sponsorship
WGSS is also open to co-sponsoring events or programs initiated and led by other campus departments, programs, offices, and/or organizations. If you would like to suggest such partnership, we invite you to submit a co-sponsorship request form.