Location: McEwen 105
Hours of Operation: 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. (Monday-Friday) | 5 – 7 p.m. (Sunday)
Phone: (336) 278-5080
In order to reserve equipment from the Gear Room, students must complete an online reservation using WebCheckout.
After the equipment is picked up, it is the responsibility of the patron. If the equipment is late, lost, or damaged, fines will be assessed.
The Gear Room will adopt new policies in fall 2020 to reduce traffic in the office and to ensure that all equipment is properly cleaned at check-in and check-out. Students will be strongly encouraged to come to the Gear Room at their exact and unique appointment time.
● Mask will be required of all staff and patrons.
● Only one patron in the office at a time. If more than two people are in line for a Gear Room appointment, the line may be moved to Snow Atrium.
● Pick-ups and returns will be scheduled at five-minute appointment intervals.
● The grace period to checkout equipment will be 30 minutes.
● The default check-out period will be 24 hours.
● One equipment renewal will be allowed in person.
● Patrons returning equipment will place gear on a rolling cart and unpack resources to display barcodes for operations assistants to scan returns and repack resources after they are scanned in.
● All gear room associates will be trained to properly clean equipment.