About the UCC
To start a curriculum proposal, submit a completed curriculum proposal, or view proposals (submitted since 8/1/2017) please use the Curriculum Management System in SmartCatalog.
The University Curriculum Committee is the standing committee responsible for evaluating and approving curricular changes. Information regarding the curriculum process, timelines, and the committees that govern the university’s curriculum, as well as agendas and minutes from meetings from those committees, can be found on this site.
The UCC meets the second Wednesday of each month except January during the academic year from 3:30 to 5:00 PM in Linder 206 (unless otherwise advertised). Meeting dates for 2019-20 are September 11, October 9, November 13, December 11 (note: this is during final examinations), February 12, March 11, April 8, and May 13. Meeting agendas are posted in SmartCatalog’s Curriculum Management System and disseminated to the full faculty one week in advance.
UCC Documents and Links
- Curriculum Proposal Process and Timeline Updated January 2019
- Undergraduate Curriculum Process Flowchart Updated January 2019
- Graduate Curriculum Process Flowchart Updated February 2019
- Characteristics of Experiential Learning Requirement Updated May 2018
- UCC Liaisons: Purposes and Responsibilities
- Curriculum Committees — Bylaws (Faculty Handbook, Section VIII, Section 10)
- Curriculum Committees — Policies and Procedures (Faculty Handbook, Section M22R)