About the UCC
To start a curriculum proposal, submit a completed curriculum proposal, or view proposals (submitted since 8/1/2017) please use the Curriculum Management System in SmartCatalog.
The University Curriculum Committee is the standing committee responsible for evaluating and approving curricular changes. Information regarding the curriculum process, timelines, and the committees that govern the university’s curriculum, as well as agendas and minutes from meetings of those committees, can be found on this site.
The UCC normally meets the second Wednesday of each month except January during the academic year from 3:30 to 5:00 PM in Linder 206 (unless otherwise advertised).
During the Fall 2020 semester and potentially throughout the 2020-21 academic year, the committee will meet remotely from 4:00 to 5:00 PM, due to the altered MW(F) class schedule and in observance of the University-wide “quiet service” guidance for faculty during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Meeting dates for 2020-21 are September 9, October 14, November 11, December 2* (note: this is the first Wed, and during final examinations, reflecting the modified Fall 2020 Academic Calendar), February 10, March 10, April 14, and May 12.
Meeting agendas are posted in SmartCatalog’s Curriculum Management System and are disseminated via facstaff email one week in advance.
UCC Documents and Links
- Undergraduate Curriculum Process Flowchart Updated January 2019
- Graduate Curriculum Process Flowchart Updated February 2019
- Characteristics of Experiential Learning Requirement Updated May 2018
- UCC Liaisons: Purposes and Responsibilities
- Curriculum Committees — Bylaws (Faculty Handbook, Section VIII, Section 10)
- Curriculum Committees — Policies and Procedures (Faculty Handbook, Section M22R)