Books on Bikes strives to address the issue of book deserts and “Summer Slide” in areas of Alamance County by:
- increasing the number of books in the homes of children in Alamance County
- supporting literacy and a love of learning in Alamance County
Are you interested in helping bring books to the children of Alamance County?
Here are ways you can support Books on Bikes:
- Be a celebrity rider! Help deliver books – our upcoming dates are July 17 and July 22 at North Park. E-mail Allison Bryan (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Donate new or very gently used children’s books (appropriate for Pre-K through 8th grades). Drop them off in the Curriculum Resources Center – Mooney 111 – or e-mail Allison Bryan to arrange a pick-up.
- Monetary donations can be made by cash, check, or online. Read these instructions on how to donate online. Checks can be made payable to Elon University with “SOE/Books on Bikes” in the memo line. Cash can be brought to the Curriculum Resources Center and given to Allison Bryan, the CRC director.
Share information about Books on Bikes on social media!