H.O.P.E. Clinic Fun Fest
The HOPE Clinic large-scale fundraiser will be a Fun Fest, including field games, Fun Runs, and a Kickball tournament outside the Francis Center.
When: Saturday, March 28, 2020, 4-6:30 pm
Where: Gerald Francis Center, 762 East Haggard Avenue, Elon, NC 27244
- 1-mile loops to run, walk, or roll!
- Relay Fun Run (each of 3 people run 1 mile)
- Kickball tournament
- Vendors and food trucks
- Raffles and prizes galore!
To improve the health and well-being of the under-served populations in Alamance County, NC and surrounding areas by providing quality physical therapy treatment and fostering student community service and clinical experience.
About H.O.P.E. Clinic (Brochure)
The Health Outreach Program of Elon (H.O.P.E. Clinic) offers physical therapy services free of charge to those who are uninsured or under-insured in Alamance County and surrounding areas.
The H.O.P.E. Clinic is a student-run pro bono clinic that is managed and operated by Elon Doctor of Physical Therapy students. The clinic has run on a weekly basis since November, 2013 and was the first student-run pro bono clinic in North Carolina.
Elon DPTE students treat individuals with various musculoskeletal and neurological impairments under the supervision of volunteer licensed clinicians from the faculty and from the community.
In H.O.P.E. Clinic’s first year of operation, it was estimated that the clinic saved the community over $50,000 in medical costs and has seen over 50 patients. Over 25 different licensed physical therapists and over 100 Elon DPTE students have volunteered at the clinic.
The H.O.P.E. Clinic is a chance for Elon DPTE students to improve their clinical skills outside of their scheduled clinical rotations, an outlet for licensed physical therapists to mentor students and provide pro bono service, as well as an opportunity to provide high quality free health care to residents of our local community.
Common H.O.P.E. Clinic Treatments Include:
- Low back pain
- Neck pain
- Shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand pain
- Hip, knee, ankle and foot pain
- Sports-related injuries
- Muscle, tendon, and ligament strains and sprains
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Neurological health conditions
- Pediatric musculoskeletal and neurological condition
How to Donate to the H.O.P.E. Clinic
- Visit https://connect.elon.edu/supportelon/one-time
- The default option is giving a one-time amount. You may also choose to give a monthly amount or an annual donation.
- Choose the amount you would like to donate.
- Under the Destination option: Choose other.
- A new box will appear that says OTHER: *
- Once that box appears type: HOPE Clinic
- Once that’s inserted, click ‘Add Donation’
- That will bring down the area to add your billing and payment information
- Once all that information is filled out, click “Donate Now”
- You’re done! Thank you for donating!!