*4th Annual Race for H.O.P.E. 5K*
We are excited to announce that the 4th annual Race for H.O.P.E. 5K is going to be on March 24th, 2018 at 8:30am! The Race for H.O.P.E. is the largest fundraiser for the H.O.P.E. Clinic where all proceeds from the race go towards clinic operations, including the cost of the electronic medical record and supplies. This race is part of the Piedmont Race Series, in partnership with Dick’s Sporting Goods. There will be prizes for the top three finishers in each age group supplied by Dick’s.
Here is an overview of the details:
Date: March 24, 2018
Time: arrive by 8:30am, race starts promptly @ 9:00am
Location: Start/Finish in the parking lot of the Gerald Francis Center
Distance: 5K- with a new and improved race course throughout Elon’s beautiful campus
To register for the 5K, use the link below and please feel free to share it with family/friends.
Early bird registration costs: $25 from now until March 4th. This guarantees a t-shirt in your race packet. Late registration costs: $30. You will still receive a packet, but are not guaranteed a t-shirt.
Race packets will be distributed to students and faculty/staff prior to race day. Packets can also be picked up on the morning of the race or at Dick’s Sporting Goods in Burlington on Friday, March 23 from 4:00 to 7:00 pm.
Register online at: http://hopeclinic5krunwalkroll.itsyourrace.com/event.aspx?id=8685
Thank you for your support of the H.O.P.E. Clinic!
To improve the health and well-being of the under-served populations in Alamance County, NC and surrounding areas by providing quality physical therapy treatment and fostering student community service and clinical experience.
About H.O.P.E. Clinic
The Health Outreach Program of Elon (H.O.P.E. Clinic) offers physical therapy services free of charge to those who are uninsured or under-insured in Alamance County and surrounding areas.
The H.O.P.E. Clinic is a student-run pro bono clinic that is managed and operated by Elon Doctor of Physical Therapy students. The clinic has run on a weekly basis since November, 2013 and was the first student-run pro bono clinic in North Carolina.
Elon DPTE students treat individuals with various musculoskeletal and neurological impairments under the supervision of volunteer licensed clinicians from the faculty and from the community.
In H.O.P.E. Clinic’s first year of operation, it was estimated that the clinic saved the community over $50,000 in medical costs and has seen over 50 patients. Over 25 different licensed physical therapists and over 100 Elon DPTE students have volunteered at the clinic.
The H.O.P.E. Clinic is a chance for Elon DPTE students to improve their clinical skills outside of their scheduled clinical rotations, an outlet for licensed physical therapists to mentor students and provide pro bono service, as well as an opportunity to provide high quality free health care to residents of our local community.
Common H.O.P.E. Clinic Treatments Include:
- Low back pain
- Neck pain
- Shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand pain
- Hip, knee, ankle and foot pain
- Sports-related injuries
- Muscle, tendon, and ligament strains and sprains
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Neurological health conditions
- Pediatric musculoskeletal and neurological condition
How to Donate to the H.O.P.E. Clinic
- Visit connect.elon.edu/supportelon
- The default option is giving a monthly amount. You may also choose to give an annual amount or a one-time donation.
- Choose the amount you would like to donate.
- Under the Destination option: Choose other.
- A new box will appear that says OTHER: *
- Once that box appears type: HOPE Clinic
- Once that’s inserted, click ‘Add Annual Donation’
- That will bring down the area to add your billing and payment information
- Once all that information is filled out, click “Donate Now”
- You’re done! Thank you for donating!!