About the Turnage Family Faculty Innovation & Creativity Fund
The Turnage Family Faculty Innovation and Creativity Fund for the Study of Political Communication was established with generous contributions by Dave Turnage to facilitate the study of political communication and media literacy in the 21st century.
A technological revolution is underway in the fields of media and communication. Cable, satellite television, and the Internet have transformed how Americans get information about politics and civic life.
With these new technologies and enhanced communication abilities come questions about how people can make sense of the public sphere and play a part in our politics.
The Turnage Fund is interested in seeking answers to these questions:
- What challenges do journalists face when constructing accurate and honest political reports?
- What is the role of experts/academics in this process?
- What are the challenges associated with governmental transparency?
- How can citizens determine what is accurate?
- How can we facilitate the development of media literacy within society?
- What is the role of media in a democratic society?