Elon Dining, Campus Safety and Police and the Office of the Dean of Students partner to offer a meal voucher program for students who are “Under The Weather” and who cannot eat in the dining hall due to illness or a temporary mobility issue. This program allows students who are ill or unable to physically get to the dining halls to access meals. Students who are ill can have a friend present a voucher on their behalf and prepare a takeout meal for them.
Students who need to access the program can call the Office of The Dean of Students at 336-278-7200 during business hours (Monday-Friday 8:00 am until 5:00 pm); students who become ill in the evening or on the weekend can call Campus Safety at (336) 278-5555 to access vouchers.
Important Information About the Program
- An authorized representative of the student will be allowed to pick up a maximum of nine (9) vouchers (three meal vouchers per day X three days.) Students with an extended need beyond three days may contact The Office of the Dean of Students for additional vouchers. All vouchers will expire in five (5) days from the date they are issued.
- “Under The Weather” vouchers may be redeemed for meals in these residential dining locations during their hours of operation. Information about hours of operation is available at the Elon Dining website.
- Lakeside Dining Hall
- First floor of McEwen Dining Hall
- Second floor of Clohan Hall
- Only one (1) voucher may be used during any meal period (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and no more than three (3) vouchers may used in one day. The vouchers will be assigned to the ill student, so any student(s) they designate can pick a meal up on their behalf with a valid voucher.
- The person(s) designated by the ill student will present the voucher and request to see the Manager on Duty at the dining location so that they can assist in getting everything that is needed for the student.
- A compostable box and other needed items will be provided to the student picking up the food on behalf of the ill student.
- It is recommended that students view the dining options available on the Elon Dining website and let their friends know of any food allergies/sensitivities and which menu items they might enjoy eating.
- Harvest Table Culinary Group/Elon Dining and Elon University are not responsible for the food that is taken from the dining hall meeting allergen/sensitivities needs.
- Students with a meal plan may participate in the program at no additional charge. One “swipe” will be applied for each voucher used (including block plans).
- Students without a meal plan are eligible to participate in the program and each voucher used will incur a charge of $ 9.00 to be posted on the student’s Elon/Bursar account. Students participating in the program are expected to always abide by the Elon Honor Code.
- Vouchers must be used within five days. Students with unused vouchers should destroy them
Questions may be directed to the Office of the Dean of Students, 336-278-7200.