The Elon University BioBus system provides free transportation to all Elon students, faculty, staff and community members. The buses use biodiesel fuel, which is blended with vegetable/animal oils and ultra low sulfur diesel fuel. There are 6 routes, each with live NextBus tracking, which allows riders to know when a bus will be at their planned stop.
Starting this school year, the Downtown/East Burlington route will run on a 45 minute loop, still operating on its normal schedule from 2:30 pm – 6:30 pm Monday through Friday.
- The Outer Loop A and B service the east side of campus with stops every ten minutes at various apartment complexes and the Francis Center.
- The West Line services apartments on the west side of campus along with the Ingold Lot, Schar Center, and Arts West with stops every twenty minutes.
- The Danieley Center Tram services different stops within the Danieley Neighborhood with stops every ten minutes.
- The University Drive Line provides access to shopping centers and restaurants at University Commons and Alamance Crossing.
- The Downtown/East Burlington Loop provides access to volunteer locations, shopping, and downtown Burlington.