Elon Express provides free transportation to all Elon students, faculty, staff and community members.
Shuttle service is provided to Greensboro’s Piedmont Triad International Airport and the Raleigh/Durham International Airport at designated break times throughout the year. Please schedule your shuttle trip departure at least two and a half hours prior to your flight departure.
On campus: Ellington Center
Students, faculty, or staff who have an appointment at Student Health Services, Faculty/Staff Health and Wellness Clinic or Counseling Services in the Ellington Center can arrange for free shuttle transportation from anywhere on campus owned or operated property to the Ellington Center. Students, faculty, and staff must have a scheduled appointment with Student Health Services, Faculty/Staff Wellness Clinic or Counseling Services before calling for transportation.
Students/faculty/staff who are experiencing a medical or mental health emergency or who cannot walk or get in/out of a car without assistance should call 9-1-1. The Ellington Center Shuttle cannot transport riders who are experiencing a medical or psychological emergency or who are unable to walk or get in/out of a car without assistance.
· To arrange a ride to Ellington Center: Students, faculty, and staff should call The Office of The Dean of Students at (336) 278-7200, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. on Friday.
· Students, faculty, and staff should call at least one hour prior to their scheduled appointment time to make arrangements for transport.
· Return shuttles will be provided as available. There may be a wait time for pick-ups and returns depending on demand.
· To better prevent the spread of illness, riders who exhibit signs of illness will be required to use preventive measures before boarding the shuttle (hand sanitizer, mask, etc.)
· Every effort is made to provide the shuttle service while classes are in session. The Ellington Center Shuttle may not be always available including severe weather, university breaks, or when drivers are not available.
Off campus: Uber Health
Students who have an off campus medical appointment and who do not have transportation may call the Office of the Dean of Students during normal office hours to receive a link for Uber Health. The student must set up an Uber account prior to making arrangements for the Uber Health transport. The staff member will provide the student a link for the Uber Health ride (and a return trip). Students accept responsibility for the ride and are responsible for all costs associated with this service. The Office of the Dean of Students will place the Uber Health charge on the student account and the student will be responsible for payment.
Burlington Link Transit Bus System
Link Transit is a bus system that services Burlington, Gibsonville and Alamance Community College.
The Piedmont Authority for Regional Transportation offers a bus system that services Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Chapel Hill, Durham and a number of other towns in the Piedmont Triad region.
Emergency Ride Home
The Emergency Ride Home Program reimburses eligible faculty/staff commuters for a qualified emergency ride home a maximum of four times in a fiscal year.
Alamance County Transportation Authority
ACTA provides transportation for general purpose trips, medical trips and almost any non-emergency trip destination. Anyone requiring transportation in Alamance County is eligible to use the service. Rides must be scheduled no later than 11:00 a.m. the working day before a trip and are based on bus availability. Service is available Monday-Friday 5:00 a.m – 5:30 p.m.