What is eCHECKUP TO GO?
The Alcohol eCHECKUP TO GO program is an evidence-based, interactive online assessment tool that provides students with individualized feedback regarding their alcohol use and helps to identify any risk of harm associated with drinking. The Alcohol eCHECKUP TO GO program is self-guided and will provide you with accurate and personalized feedback about:
- Your individual drinking pattern
- Your risk patterns
- Your aspirations and goals
The program’s primary goals are to:
- Reduce levels of dangerous and destructive drinking on college campuses
- Strengthen a culture of safety and health by reducing alcohol-related harms
Whether or not you chose to drink, eCHECKUP TO GO is a valuable tool for understanding your drinking patterns or even empowering you to help someone you care about who may be drinking at a level that’s concerning.
How do I complete eCHECKUp To Go?
IMPORTANT: Please follow each step below to successfully submit your survey. If you have been assigned eCHECKUP TO GO due to a conduct violation, the Office of Student Conduct will be notified of your completion.
- Go to: https://echeckup.sdsu.edu/usa/alc/coll/Elon
- Click “Start a new eCHECKUP TO GO” and complete the survey.
- After completion, review your personal drinking profile and save feedback summary.
- Click “Verify Completion of Your eCHECKUP TO GO”. If you log-out or close your browser before completing the Verification, your information will not be recorded and you may have to re-complete the program.
- Write down or screen shot your user ID number. You will need this number to review your responses at a later date and to verify your completion of the program.
- View Elon’s “Recognizing Signs of Alcohol Poisoning” video: https://youtu.be/og3frtxlkn4
- Complete the post assessment here to verify your completion of the program.
What happens if I do not complete the program?
If you do not complete eCHECKUP TO GO, an Adminstrative Hold may be placed on your student account until you complete the program. An administration hold will prevent you from registering for courses or changing your current schedule, including adding or dropping courses.
If you have any additional questions about Alcohol eCHECKUP TO GO or to verify your completion of the program, please contact the Coordinator of Student Wellness.
This web-based intervention program was created and customized by San Diego State University Counseling & Psychological Services for the use of individual campuses with permission of the authors.