Student Wellness Programs seek to create a university environment supportive of student social, physical, and mental health. Through education and awareness, we connect various dimensions of wellness and empower students to make informed decisions that enhance individual success and community well-being.
According to the World Health Organization, health promotion involves empowering individuals to take control of their health and its determinants. At Elon, we know that health has many components and we work toward providing holistic resources and information to students, faculty and staff. Below are examples of Elon’s health promotion programs and initiatives.
Holistic Health Programs & Community Collaborations
- Providing free safer sex supplies throughout the year and working with Alamance Cares to provide free STI testing
- Collaborating with campus and community partners to provide students the most up to date health information
Programs for New Students
- HealthEU orientation skits covering various health issues with a focus on substance use prevention, consent & bystander intervention
- Administering required first-year online education for substance education, AlcoholEdu, and interpersonal violence, Haven
Substance Use Education & Prevention
- Substance free event grants for student organizations and residence halls
- Party Smart events to encourage responsible drinking and hosting behaviors
- Providing support and guidance for ASHES the substance-free living and learning community
Supporting Peer Educators & Student Leaders
- Training, supporting and supervising SPARKS Peer Educators to provide programs, workshops and presentations for classes, Elon 101, student organizations, residence halls, Greek organizations and athletic teams
- Providing training for student leaders like Resident Assistants, Orientation Leaders, Elon 101 Teaching Assistants, and various other student leaders and mentors
For an extensive listing of common campus resources visit Student Concerns Outreach.