Student Wellness Programs seek to create a university environment supportive of student social, physical, and mental health. Through education and awareness, we connect various dimensions of wellness and empower students to make informed decisions that enhance individual success and community well-being.
According to the World Health Organization, health promotion involves empowering individuals to take control of their health and its determinants. At Elon, we know that health has many components and we work toward providing holistic resources and information to students, faculty and staff. Below are examples of Elon’s health promotion programs and initiatives.
Holistic Health Programs & Community Collaborations
- Providing free safer sex supplies through Protect Direct program throughout the year
- Collaborating with campus and community partners to provide students with the most up-to-date health information
Programs for New Students
- HealthEU New Student Orientation session covers various health topics with a focus on substance use prevention, consent & bystander intervention
- Supporting the Office of the Dean of Students with the administration of the required first-year online alcohol education course, AlcoholEdu
Substance Use Education & Prevention
- Party Smart events to encourage responsible drinking and hosting behaviors
- Providing support and guidance for ASHES the substance-free living and learning community
Supporting Peer Educators & Student Leaders
- Training, supporting, and supervising SPARKS Peer Educators to provide programs, workshops, and presentations for classes, Elon 1010, student organizations, residence halls, Greek organizations, and athletic teams
- Providing training for student leaders like Resident Assistants, Orientation Leaders, Elon 1010 Peer Educators, and various other student leaders and mentors
For an extensive listing of common campus resources visit Student Care and Outreach.