Drop in to one of our wonderful workshops!
Stress Reset, Mindful Yoga, Building Resiliency: Coping Through Chaos, Expressive Arts Workshop, Quieting the Inner Critic, Life After Loss
Check out these and more under our Groups and Workshops page.
Counseling Services advances the educational mission of Elon University by providing quality psychological interventions, outreach, and consultation services to address the emotional, social, and academic needs of Elon University students.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to embracing diversity in all its forms as a core value of our agency. We are a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary, and multi-theoretical staff striving to provide culturally competent clinical services and community interventions. We are dedicated to promoting an environment of respect and appreciation for the race, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, age, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, physical/mental ability, and socioeconomic status of all students. We aim to provide a safe, welcoming, and affirming environment for all persons who utilize our services.
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday during the regular academic year (August through May)
During the summer (June and July), clinical services are available during limited hours due to available staffing resources.
Phone: (336) 278-7280
Fax: (336) 278-6097
Office Location: Suite 104, R.N. Ellington Center for Health & Wellness on south campus at 301 S O’Kelly Avenue. Enter through the second door from the South parking lot, just past Student Health Services. The Counseling Services check-in will be at the desk to your right when you enter.
Mailing Address: Campus Box 2040, Elon, NC 27244-2040
Transportation to/from Appointments
Health Services and Counseling Services, located in the R.N. Ellington Center, are a short walk from most areas on campus (within 15 minutes). For students who are ill (but ambulatory) or have a scheduled appointment, there are parking and shuttle transportation options. The Ellington Center Transport shuttle is a small 4-passenger electric car.
Parking: Students who have cars or access to cars may park in the South Campus lot adjacent to the Ellington Center. No permit is needed in the large South Campus (Ellington Center) Lot at the end of O’Kelly Drive.
Elon University Ellington Center Shuttle: Students who have an appointment at Health Services or Counseling Services can arrange for shuttle transportation from anywhere on campus owned or operated property to the Ellington Center by calling The Office of The Dean of Students at (336) 278-7200, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 8:00 am until 3:00 pm on Friday. Faculty and staff may also utilize the service for appointments at Faculty/Staff Wellness in the Ellington Center.
- Students, faculty and staff should call at least one hour prior to their scheduled appointment time to make arrangements for transport. Return shuttles will be provided as available. There may be a wait time for pick-ups and returns depending on demand.
- Students must schedule their appointment with Health Services or Counseling Services before calling for transportation.
- Students/faculty/staff who are experiencing a medical or mental health emergency or who cannot walk without assistance should call 9-1-1. The Ellington Center Shuttle cannot transport riders who are experiencing a medical or psychological emergency or who are unable to walk without assistance.
- To better prevent the spread of illness, riders who exhibit signs of illness may be asked to use preventive measures before boarding the shuttle (hand sanitizer, mask, etc.)
- Every effort is made to run the shuttle on schedule. The Ellington Center Shuttle may not be available at all times including severe weather, university breaks, or when drivers are not available.