In addition to resuming in person services, Counseling Services will continue to offering Telemental Health (T.M.H.) services to enrolled Elon students located in North Carolina during the academic year.
To participate in T.M.H. services student must:
- be physically located in North Carolina
- have use of a personal device (laptop, tablet, phone etc.) with a camera
- have access to a secure internet connection
- be alone in a private location for appointments
Private Meeting Spaces
Students seeking a private meeting space are encouraged to access any of the available rooms in designated areas across campus including:
- Counseling Services Room 109 D
- May be scheduled Monday through Friday between 8:30 A.M. – 4:30 P.M., as available
- Must call 336-278-7280 to request reservation in advance of need
- Study rooms in Belk Library
- Numen Lumen, room 214
- Mind-Body Connection space, located past the entry desk in Koury Center through the first door on the left.
Mind-Body Connection Space is available:
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday: 1:00 pm-5:00 pm
- Tuesday/Thursday: 9:00 am-12:00 pm
Please note that these spaces are available on a first-come, first-serve basis so you should be mindful to secure a space well in advance of the scheduled appointment time.
Preparing for Telemental Health Appointments
Counseling Services uses Zoom as a HIPAA compliant video-conferencing tool. There is no cost to the student to access Zoom. You simply need a device with a camera and secure internet access. To utilize our T.M.H. services, we will also need your permission to contact you via phone and email.
- You will receive an email reminder two days in advance of your appointment with detailed instructions explaining the required paperwork that will need to be completed the day of your appointment.
- On the day of your appointment, you will log into the forms portal to complete required forms at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- Your counselor will send an email with a link and instructions to access the private Zoom counseling room. Once your forms are completed and reviewed, your clinician admit you into the counseling room to begin the session.