Working at the Elon University Poll
The Elon Poll conducts multiple surveys every semester. We will email registered students with schedule information in advance of every poll.
The Polling Center is in Powell Building, Room 213.
Frequently Asked Questions
When should I register to work at the Elon Poll?
Register today! Regardless of when you plan to work at the Elon Poll, please register as soon as possible.
In order to comply with federal guidelines, you need a few documents for your Work Agreement before you can work at the Elon University Poll.
How do I register to Work at the Elon Poll?
- Step 1: Complete the brief form below:
- Elon Poll Student Sign Up Form
- This form allows us to complete your work agreement.
- Step 2: Submit a Form I-9 to the Office of Human Resources
- You need to complete a Form I-9 only once during your time as a student at Elon. This form must be on file with Human Resources before you can begin working.
- Please call the Office of Human Resources (336-278-5560) to make an appointment to complete the Federal Form I-9. You will need to bring 2 forms of identification to this appointment.
- Step 3: Approve your work agreement via OnTrack
- In a few business days after completing the form in Step 1, go to OnTrack to view your work agreement.Once logged in, click on OnTrack for Students. Under the section labeled Time Entry and Approval, select Student Work Agreement.
- On OnTrack you will see a list of work agreements for you with a status of APPROVED, COMPLETED or PROCESSED.To access the work agreement, click the button beside the work agreement you want to accept, with a status of APPROVED, and click SUBMIT.
- For more information on Work agreements, visit the Technology Knowledge Base.
Who is my supervisor?
Melissa McBane will be the supervisor for your Work Agreement.
How much do I get paid?
Student surveyors at the Elon University Poll earn $10 per hour.
How do I submit my hours?
After you have filled out your Work Agreement and completed your shift(s) at the Elon University Poll, you may submit your hours via OnTrack. Failure to submit hours will result in delayed payment. You can find directions on how to submit your hours here.
What time should I arrive to work?
You should arrive 15 minutes before the start of your shift so we can sign you in.
Is there any training I need to complete beforehand?
We will contact you in advance about training.