The Elon Poll has completed its calling sessions for Fall 2019. We will begin hiring for the spring in January.
Working at the Elon University Poll
At this time, all shifts are booked for the Fall 2019 semester, meaning there are no more open seats in the polling lab for new student interviewers.
Students who are interested in working for the poll in the future should follow the steps listed below.
- Complete this form:
- Elon Poll Student Sign Up Form
- After you have completed this form, we will initiate a work agreement within three to four business days.
- Work agreements expire every year. If you have previously worked for the poll but it has been over a year, you will need to complete this form again.
- Submit Form I-9 to the Office of Human Resources
- In order for your work agreement to be processed, you must have completed Form I-9 at the Office of Human Resources during your time as a student at Elon.
- If you have previously submitted Form I-9, proceed to Step 3.
- If you have not completed this form before, call the Office of Human Resources (336-278-5560) to make an appointment. You will need to bring two forms of identification.
- Note: You are not permitted to work before you have completed this form.
- Accept your work agreement in OnTrack
- When your work agreement has been processed, you will receive an email with further instructions about how to complete it in OnTrack.
- Please allow one week from when you first completed the student sign up form (Step 1 above) for us to initiate your work agreement and for it to appear in OnTrack.
- If you have completed Steps 1 and 2, and you have waited for more than five business days but still do not have a work agreement in OnTrack, there may be an issue with your work agreement or work eligibility. You will receive an email informing you of the issue.
- For more information on work agreements, visit the Technology Knowledge Base.
- Wait to be contacted by the poll
- Please be patient and wait until you have been contacted by the poll with information about how to sign up for shifts.
- Once we have confirmed that you are ready to work, you will be subscribed to the elonpollsters mailing list. New student interviewers are added to the mailing list in batches, once every couple of weeks.
- At this time, all shifts are booked for the Fall 2019 semester, meaning there are no more open seats in the polling lab for new student interviewers.
- We will be polling again in the Spring 2020 semester. All student interviewers will be contacted with information about how to sign up for shifts as we approach those dates, through the elonpollsters mailing list.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is my supervisor?
Melissa McBane will be the supervisor for your Work Agreement.
How much do I get paid?
Student interviewers at the Elon University Poll earn $10 per hour.
How do I submit my hours?
After you work a shift, you must submit your hours via OnTrack in advance of the payroll deadline for that pay period. Failure to submit accurate hours will result in delayed payment.
What time should I arrive to work?
You should arrive 15 minutes before the start of your shift to so we can sign you in and you can take your place at a station in the lab.
Is there any training I need to complete beforehand?
You will be trained by one of our polling associates on your very first shift. The training takes about 30 minutes. There will be time for you to ask questions before you begin making calls.
How do I sign up for shifts?
Eligible student interviewers are contacted through the elonpollsters mailing list with information about available shifts. New student interviewers are added to the mailing list only after we have received confirmation from HR that you are ready to work. You must complete the steps listed above to be added to the mailing list and sign up for shifts.
What if I have any other questions?
Please contact Dr. Kaye Usry, Assistant Director of the Elon Poll.