Digital posters for the Library digital sign
Belk Library has a digital sign on the 1st floor that displays posters for students, faculty, and staff to promote campus organizations and events.
Follow these steps to create and submit a digital poster for display on the library’s digital sign.
- Create a new document with page dimensions of 20 inches wide by 11.25 inches high.
- Download a template for PowerPoint 2013.
- Or, create a .PNG or .JPG file of dimensions 1920 wide x 1080 high with 72 dpi.
- If the poster is not designed to required dimensions, it cannot be displayed.
- Design your digital poster with your desired content.
- Save the file.
- Save the file as a .png or .jpg file (How to save powerpoint files as .jpg or .png).
- Follow this format for the file name: event date_organization name or event title. (For example: 10.6.23_SUBfallconcert).
- When naming the file, please use only numbers, letters, hyphens, and underscores. Do not use apostrophes. All other characters will cause the digital poster to not display correctly.
- Submit your poster request to Alison Van Norman.
- Include the .png/.jpg file of your poster as an attachment.
- Include the start date and end date in the body of the email. The end date should be the day of the event/promotion.
- You will receive a confirmation email when your digital poster has been uploaded to the Belk Library digital sign.