Digital posters for the Library digital sign
Belk Library has a digital sign on the 1st floor that displays posters for students, faculty, and staff to promote campus organizations and events.
Follow these steps to create and submit a digital poster for display on the library’s digital sign.
- Create a new document with page dimensions of 20 inches wide by 11.25 inches high.
- Download a template for PowerPoint 2013.
- Download a template for Publisher.
- Or, create a .PNG or .JPG file of dimensions 1920 wide x 1080 high with 72 dpi.
- If the poster is not designed to required dimensions, it cannot be displayed.
- Design your digital poster with your desired content.
- Save the file.
- Save the file as a .jpg or .png file (How to save powerpoint files as .jpg or .png).
- Follow this format for the file name: group or organization name_poster or event title_date of event. (For example: sub_fallconcert_10-6).
- When naming the file, please use only numbers, letters, hyphens, and underscores. Do not use apostrophes. All other characters will cause the digital poster to not display correctly.
- Submit your poster request to Alison Van Norman.
- Include the poster as an attachment.
- Include the start date and end date in the body of the email. The end date should be the day of the event/promotion.
- You will receive a confirmation email when your digital poster has been uploaded to the Belk Library digital sign.
Please send questions to Alison Van Norman.
See more campus digital sign locations and instructions on creating content here.