Map shows the best routes for incoming students and families, as well as faculty and staff to follow on Move-in Day.
As Elon welcomes over 1,700 students on Friday, Aug. 19 for Move-in Day, be advised that there will be changes in traffic patterns and available parking.
Families can follow the recommended routes and driving directions detailed in the Move-in Day map. Incoming students and families will arrive at Schar Center to check-in before heading to their housing locations. More information about Move-in Day can be found here.
For faculty and staff, Elon Campus Safety and Police recommend parking in the following lots on Friday:
- The Oaks lot (parking for staff working at Schar Center check-in)
- Arts West
- South Campus
- Station at Mill Point
Also, please note that Friday the following roads will be closed and one-way, limited to students moving in with the proper color-coded move-in hang tag. Faculty and staff will not be able to access these roads from approximately 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. The times could vary depending on the weather.
- Phoenix Drive from Williamson to the traffic circle (one-way, heading east)
- Haggard Avenue from Williamson to North O’Kelly (one-way, heading east)
- East Lebanon Avenue from Williamson to North Antioch (one-way, heading east)
- East College from North Antioch to Oak Avenue (one-way, heading east)
The following parking lots will be blocked off on Friday. Any unauthorized faculty and staff cars in these lots on Friday may be ticketed and/or towed:
- Schar Center lots
- Ingold lot at Rhodes Stadium
- Global Neighborhood lot
- McMichael East lot
- Innovation Quad lot
- Historic Neighborhood lots (East Neighborhood)
- Colonnades lots
- East Lebanon Avenue railroad spaces (from LaRose Student Commons to the pedestrian tunnel)
- LaRose/Mooney parking lot
- Linder West and East lots
- Inman Admissions lot
For any further questions, please contact Campus Safety and Police at firstname.lastname@example.org.