Application Process and Timeline
Next Steps for Incoming Students Info Session
Important Dates – 2023
- January 17-May 5: Online housing application available on the Self Service website. Log in using your Elon email username and password.
- May 3: Medical/disability related housing accommodation requests are due, more information on this process can be found here.
- May 5: The housing application is due on Self-Service and students should be mutually matched with any desired roommates by this date.
- May 31: Students are notified via Elon email if they are accepted to an LLC.
- July 12: Housing assignments and roommate information available online and sent to your Elon email account
First, new students are assigned to living-learning communities if they are interested and space is available. Next, students who are not assigned to living-learning communities are assigned to remaining spaces, using a random process. Roommates are chosen based on indicators on the housing application.
- Students will log onto the Self Service website using their Elon email username and password. Choose Applications on the top menu, then First-Year Housing Application. Transfers and readmitted students complete the Transfer/Readmit Application.
- Students will complete the questions on the housing application.
- Students will be able to apply for a living learning community, if interested.
- Students will choose a food (meal) plan.
- Students will indicate a roommate preference, if desired. After completing the housing application, students can match with a roommate by choosing Room Selection from the top menu, then Roommates/Suitemates. Students will then search for a roommate. The roommate will receive an email and must accept the request.
Please contact Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-278-7300 if you have any questions.