Recording of live Info Session from Dec. 1, 2023, click here. Passcode: 4nYfqr%Y
Housing Selection – Steps to follow
Housing selection for returning students allows currently enrolled students who live on campus to choose their housing for next year. This is an online process. You must pay special attention to the dates the application will be available and the time you and/or your group is eligible to apply. Prior to participating in housing selection, you must complete the following:
- Check what your class status is for Housing Selection, defined as “prior terms lived on”, to know which selection process you will participate in. More information on this site.
- In order to participate in selection, rising juniors and seniors must pay the $125 housing reservation fee. Rising sophomores do not have to the pay this fee. This fee can be paid online in Ebill starting December 1, 2023, and is due by February 10, 2024. Once you log into Ebill to make a deposit, choose ‘Fall 2024’ from the drop-down menu and then ‘Housing Deposit’ from the next drop-down menu. For screenshots, visit the Housing Reservation Fee webpage. Once the housing reservation fee payment is made, it takes roughly 24 hours to process. If you are assigned a residence hall space, your reservation fee will be applied to your fall tuition bill. If you are assigned an apartment space, your reservation fee will be transferred to a security deposit account and will be held until you move out of the apartment.
If you do not receive a housing assignment, complete a housing reservation fee refund form in Self Service available in April. Housing reservation fees will be refunded in the same manner that they were paid.
- All students wishing to participate in housing selection complete the housing selection application on Self-Service by February 10, 2024.
- Match with your roommates. Once everyone in your group has paid the deposit(only rising juniors and seniors) and signed the agreement, you can match with your roommates in Self Service. You must do this before your housing selection time. The person in your group with the earliest time should log on and register the group for fall housing.
- Log into Self-Service during your housing selection day/time and select a space. Housing selection is only for currently enrolled students. Groups must be formed with people who are currently students. Students who are currently withdrawn, students who will be re-admitted for the fall, new incoming students, and new incoming transfer students are not eligible to participate in housing selection. Students in these categories have their own housing application/selection process that occurs during the summer months.
The Selection Process
Students may choose to participate in one of the several phases of housing selection: LLCs, Apartment Renewal, or Changing Assignments. Once you have chosen your housing for you and/or your group, your housing selection process is complete for Fall 2024!
- Students studying abroad spring 2024 will maintain the same priority for housing selection if they lived on campus fall 2023. They should go through the online process with the students living on campus spring 2024.
- Students who are abroad in fall 2024 should NOT sign up for housing during housing selection. These students will apply for housing in fall 2024 (November) if they wish to have housing in winter or spring 2025 when they return. Students who are abroad Fall 2024 can also pre-arrange with another student to live in their space when that student vacates for spring 2025, only via the Lease Turn Over Form
- Students interested in on-campus apartments: On-campus apartments (except Crest) are either 11.5 or 12 months. If you are staying in the same space, your lease starts June 1. If everyone is new to the apartment, your lease begins June 15. Your lease start date is when you can move into the apartment and when billing begins.
- Junior and Senior students are not guaranteed housing due to a limited number of on campus housing spaces for Junior and Senior students.