Steps to follow
Housing selection for returning students allows currently enrolled students who live on campus to choose their housing for next year. This is an online process. You must pay special attention to the dates the application will be available and the time you and/or your group is eligible to apply. Prior to participating in housing selection, you must complete the following:
- In order to participate in selection, rising juniors and seniors must pay the $125 housing reservation fee. Rising sophomores do not have to the pay this fee. This fee can be paid online in Ebill starting December 1, 2022, and is due by February 10, 2023. Once you log into Ebill to make a deposit, choose ‘Fall 2023’ from the drop-down menu and then ‘Housing Deposit’ from the next drop-down menu. For screenshots, visit the Housing Reservation Fee webpage. Once the housing reservation fee payment is made, it takes roughly 24 hours to process. If you are assigned a residence hall space, your reservation fee will be applied to your fall tuition bill. If you are assigned an apartment space, your reservation fee will be transferred to a security deposit account and will be held until you move out of the apartment.
If you do not receive a housing assignment, complete a housing reservation fee refund form in Self Service available in April. Housing reservation fees will be refunded in the same manner that they were paid.
- All students wishing to participate in housing selection must sign the housing agreement on the Self-Service by February 10, 2023.
- Match with your roommates. Once everyone in your group has paid the deposit(only rising juniors and seniors) and signed the agreement, you can match with your roommates in Self Service. You must do this before your housing selection time. The person in your group with the earliest time should log on and register the group for fall housing.
- Log into Self-Service during your housing selection day/time and select a space. Housing selection is only for currently enrolled students. Groups must be formed with people who are currently students. Students who are currently withdrawn, students who will be re-admitted for the fall, new incoming students, and new incoming transfer students are not eligible to participate in housing selection. Students in these categories have their own housing application/selection process that occurs during the summer months.
The Selection Process
Students may choose to participate in one of the several phases of housing selection: LLCs, Apartment Renewal, or Changing Assignments. Once you have chosen your housing for you and/or your group, your housing selection process is complete for Fall 2023!
Living – Learning Communities – December 5-February 1
Students interested in one of our living learning communities must apply online through Phoenix Connect by February 1. Students who are currently in a living learning community and wish to return must re-apply.
Station at Mill Point and Park Place Renewal – February 14 8am-5pm
Rising seniors currently living in the Station at Mill Point or Park Place wishing to return next year will sign up during this time. They need to pull in other juniors and seniors to fill the spaces in the apartment.
Station at Mill Point & Park Place New Residents – February 17 9am-5pm
Students who have lived on campus at Elon for 4 or more semesters may apply to reside in Station at Mill Point or Park Place. Please note: Station apartments have 4 spaces and Park Place has 3 spaces.
Apartment Renewal (Crest, Danieley, and Oaks) – Feb 21 8am-5pm
Students who choose to remain in their current apartment spaces may return to their assignment for next year providing they sign up with the correct number of roommates required to retain their particular type of space. For information on group minimums click here. Students may pull in other eligible students to meet the required number of students to return to a space.
Phase Two: Apply for a New Space (not in Station at Mill Point or Park Place)-February 24 9am-5pm
Juniors and Seniors who have not selected a space yet may participate in this selection day. A limited number of spaces will be provided to Juniors and Seniors to select a space. Please note this is the final selection day for juniors and seniors. Juniors and seniors can not participate in housing selection with rising sophomores. Elon does not guarantee that juniors and seniors will have on-campus housing.
Sophomore Housing Selection
Rising Sophomores Sign up for Danieley Flats -March 23 9am-5pm
Rising Sophomores with a full group of 8 are able to select a Danieley flat space on this day
Rising Sophomores Sign up for Apartments – March 24 9am-5pm
Rising Sophomores must a full group and fill the entire apartment. For information on group minimums click here. Spaces are selected until the apartments are full.
Rising Sophomores Sign for Apartments(Day 2) -March 28 9am-5pm
If apartment spaces are available, rising sophomores will continue to select apartment spaces on this day. If full, the apartment sign up day 2 will not occur. Students must a full group and fill the entire apartment. For information on group minimums click here.
Rising Sophomores Sign for Residence Hall Spaces-March 30 9am-5pm
Rising juniors and seniors who have not selected a space in the above processes can select any other remaining apartment spaces on campus. Please note-this is the last selection process for rising juniors and seniors to participate in. Please note-this is the last housing selection day for rising sophomores and every rising sophomore should select a space.
- Students studying abroad spring 2023 will maintain the same priority for housing selection if they lived on campus fall 2022. They should go through the online process with the students living on campus spring 2023.
- Students who are abroad in fall 2023 should NOT sign up for housing during housing selection. These students will apply for housing in fall 2023 (November) if they wish to have housing in winter or spring 2024 when they return. Students who are abroad Fall 2023 can also pre-arrange with another student to live in their space when that student vacates for spring 2024, only via the Lease Turn Over Form
- Students interested in on-campus apartments: On-campus apartments (except Crest) are either 11.5 or 12 months. If you are staying in the same space, your lease starts June 1. If everyone is new to the apartment, your lease begins June 15. Your lease start date is when you can move into the apartment and when billing begins.
- Junior and Senior students are not guaranteed housing due to a limited number of on campus housing spaces for Junior and Senior students.