Living-Learning Communities (LLCs) consist of groups of students residing in the same residential area, interacting academically and socially with each other and with faculty, and sharing the same passion, interest, or academic focus. The LLCs at Elon are consistently ranked among the best in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. LLCs provide students the opportunity to interact with one another and with staff and faculty mentors while attending events, programs, service experiences, and talks from guest speakers on or off campus. The students work together and with the guidance of a faculty and/or staff advisor and peer mentor to shape their out-of-class learning experiences and take responsibility for their shared community.
The students who participate in Elon’s LLCs get to be involved in a wide variety of creative, innovative, academic, and community focused activities. Students describe their LLC experience as an integral part of their Elon University experience. Students not only find a sense of community through their LLC, they find a true sense of home. Check out the video below to learn more about our Living-Learning Communities!
Elon’s Living-Learning Communities
Colonnades Neighborhood – First Years and Upperclass Students
- Business – Colonnades D, 3rd Floor
- Examining Education – Colonnades D, 1st Floor
- First Phoenix – Colonnades E, 3rd Floor
- Gender and Sexuality – Colonnades A, 2nd Floor
- Honors Floor* – Colonnades C, 2nd Floor
- Innovation– Colonnades E, 1st Floor
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) – Colonnades E, 2nd Floor
- Sustainable Living – Colonnades C, 1st Floor
EcoVillage LLC (located at Loy Farm) – Upperclass Students Only (Sophomores-Seniors)
- Eco Village LLC at Loy Farm – Located at Loy Farm
East Neighborhood – First Years Only
- Elon College Fellows* – Isabella Cannon Pavilion
- Honors Pavilion* – Kenan Honors Pavilion
- Paideia: Politics and Active Citizenship – East C, 2nd Floor
- Service – East C, 1st Floor
Global Neighborhood – First Years and Upperclass Students
- ASHES (Alcohol and Substance-free Housing for Elon Students) – Global C, 1st Floor
- African Diaspora LLC: Exploring Blackness Across the Globe – Global C, 4th Floor
- Creative Arts – Global E, 2nd Floor
- International – Global A, 2nd Floor
- Performing Arts – Global B, 2nd Floor
- Polyglot (World Languages – All languages are welcome!) – Global D, 1st Floor
Historic Neighborhood – First Years Only
- Communications – Sloan Hall 1st Floor
- Outdoor Learning – Virginia, 1st Floor
- Sport Management and Media – Sloan, 2nd Floor
*Enrollment limited to students pre-selected for these programs.
For Elon faculty and staff interested in advising an LLC or creating a new LLC, visit the Advising Living-Learning Communities (LLCs) page.