The Station at Mill Point Neighborhood is home to 320 juniors and seniors who live in 4-person apartments in 24 buildings. Situated close to campus, the neighborhood offers an independent living experience with all the benefits of living and learning at Elon University.
The Crest Apartments, a leased property, is home to 168 sophomores, juniors and seniors. Students live in 4-person apartments in 4 buildings.
Within the neighborhood residents uphold institution, department and community standards through advocating for one another, engaging in meaning making and much more. The Station at Mill Point Neighborhood pays homage to the original train station that once occupied the corner of Trollinger and Williamson Ave. During the late 1880’s, the train station served as the distribution point for many of the mills around the area. Natives and the North Carolina Railroad System called that station “Mill Point.”
The Station at Mill Point and Crest Neighborhood Plan
Station & Crest Neighborhood Plan – is an educational roadmap for integrating residents’ academic, social, and residential experiences.
Neighborhood Student Population
Station at Mill Point: 318 students – 76 juniors (24%), 242 seniors (76%)
The Crest: 168 students – 84 sophomores (50%), 61 juniors (36%), 23 seniors (14%)
Facilities and Amenities – Station at Mill Point
- 24 buildings – opened in 2012
- Four bedroom (single occupancy bedroom, full sized beds) apartments
- Love Family Student Commons (the Depot) with a fitness center, two-sided fireplace, full kitchen, study and meeting space, and an SPDC satellite office
- Outdoor recreation space including basketball hoop, outdoor pool, horse shoe pit, and sand volleyball court
- Community garden and compost area
- Six outdoor grills
- Three Enopod hammock stands
- Parking: Beginning Fall 2023, to create more consistency in parking enforcement around residential housing, all students living in The Station at Mill Point apartments that bring a vehicle must purchase a parking pass for $160 (same price as a commuter pass). This change is being made to support Mill Point residents and ensure they have some ability to also park in the main campus area. The Station at Mill Point parking pass will entitle you to park at The Station at Mill Point, Schar Hunt B (Behind Schar Center), Colonnades and Innovation Quad. The Mill Point lot will be enforced by Elon Campus Safety. Violations will be subject to ticket and towing. Students would pay for their MP (Mill Point) pass online consistent with all resident students. More information on parking passes.
Facilities and Amenities – The Crest Apartments
- Third-party leased property with 4 buildings. More information, including photos, can be found here
- Apartment lease term: Aug. 1 – May 31 each year
- 4 FURNISHED single occupancy bedrooms (full size beds and individual, in room bathrooms) in each apartment, with a shared UNFURNISHED living room / kitchen area. Students also need to bring their own shower curtains.
- Parking: Beginning Fall 2023, to create more consistency in parking enforcement around residential housing, all students living in The Crest apartments that bring a vehicle must purchase a parking pass for $160 (same price as a commuter pass). This change is being made to support Crest residents and ensure they are the only ones able to park in the lot as we have heard about a “shortage” of parking in the area due to guests or others utilizing the lot. The Crest apartment pass will entitle you to park at The Crest, Schar Hunt B (Behind Schar Center), Colonnades and Innovation Quad. Guests will not be permitted to park at The Crest Apartments due to the limited number of spaces there. The Crest lot will be enforced by Elon Campus Safety. Guests at night from 6pm-6am may park at the Francis Center but vehicles must be moved by 6am on weekdays. Violations will be subject to ticket and towing. Students would pay for their CR (Crest) pass online consistent with all resident students. More information on parking passes.
- Locked out? Contact the Station/Crest AMs via the on-call phone from 8am-8pm. After 8pm, contact Campus Safety directly.
- Maintenance: Crest does NOT use the Elon FixIT/Work Order system. Upon checking in, students will receive access for using AppFolio app to put in requests. After 5 pm, a weekend, or an emergency, call (877) 221-7348
- WiFi: Crest WiFi is not connected to the Elon network and you’ll receive login information upon arrival.
- Trash: Each apartment is given one black Valet Living trash can to hold one trash bag. Pickup occurs Sunday-Thursday after 7 pm. Bring can back in after pickup!
- Clubhouse and Gym Access: The first floor of building 2010 is home to the Crest clubroom, which includes a gameroom, gym, computer room, kitchenette, and a community TV.
- Laundry Rooms: Each floor of each building has two washers and two driers. You can see availability as well as track and pay for your laundry with the CSCPay Mobile app.
- Elon Express (Bus): The Elon Express stops every 15 minutes right between Crest and The Francis Center, Monday-Friday, 7 am-10 pm. You can track the bus on the Passio GO! app
- Meal and Food Delivery: Please do not send mail to your Crest apt, it WILL get misplaced, send to campus box instead. For food app delivery use: 756 E Haggard Avenue
- Summer Information:
- Crest is not managed by Elon Residence Life for June or July. But, if you are a current academic year Crest resident and looking for summer rent or storage contact Mark Everhart, Regional Manager for Burkely Communities, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Crest Apartment Floor Plan:
- Welcome Back Home Event
- Community Partner – Morgan Place Community (Neighbors directly East of the parking lot)
- Elon Football Tailgate with Morgan Place Community
- Trick-or-Treat with Morgan Place & Elon University Community
- Personal Finance Series
- Learn to Cook classes with Elon University Dining – Harvest Table
- Semester Neighborhood Dinners with Faculty/Staff mentors and Alumni