Change Maker Scholars participate in a selective merit-based scholarship program for academically strong students interested in civic engagement and creating solutions to real-world issues.
- Work to develop awareness and understanding of community connections and appreciation for diverse communities and cultures.
- Seek opportunities to create and promote civic practices that lead to constructive community participation.
- Pursue leadership opportunities on campus and in the community.
- Participate in a Design Thinking retreat.
- Live in East Neighborhood, a residential hub for civic engagement and social innovation.
- Take The Global Experience, Elon’s signature first-year course, together.
- Complete 40 hours of service with local community partners.
- Join service and community engagement organizations on campus, such as Elon Volunteers!
- Mentor a first-year Change Maker.
- Pursue formal and informal leadership opportunities and civic engagement activitieson campus and in the local community.
- Develop and share reflections of involvement and impact on an initiative or organization.
- Engage in opportunities to find mentorship with faculty and staff connected to yourpersonal and professional goals.
Junior and Senior Years
- Pursue formal and informal leadership opportunities and civic engagement activities on campus and in the local community.
- Pursue a domestic internship, Study USA or study abroad experience.
Ready to Apply?
The Fellows and Scholars application is due January 15. Students may apply for up to two Fellows and two Scholars programs. Students with substantial and broad leadership experiences in their high school and/or communities are competitive candidates for Elon’s Scholars programs. Fifteen Change Makers are selected in each first-year class.
On-Campus Housing Information for Incoming Change Maker Scholars
All incoming first year Change Maker Scholars will reside in the East Residential Neighborhood. To learn more about your residential experience feel free to check out our housing FAQ document.
For more information please contact Mary Morrison, Change Maker Scholars Director, at 336-278-7250 or firstname.lastname@example.org.