Our community partnerships are an integral component of the Kernodle Center for Civic Life. Each year, we partner with more than 80 local community agencies. These partners, including nonprofits, schools and government agencies, are the primary organizations in which Elon students serve. Resources and support are provided for our partners to sustain and strengthen our relationships with the community.
For a list of all all academic service-learning community partners, visit our database.
Benefits of Partnership
Community partners experience a variety of benefits when working with the Kernodle Center for Civic Life. Elon students, faculty, and staff assist local organizations in a variety of ways:
- Diversifying and increasing its volunteer pool
- Educating college students about community needs and social issues
- Promoting the organization to new audiences
- Providing access to university resources and professional development opportunities
- Creating positive relationships with members of the Elon community