First-Year Summer Experiences
First-Year Summer Experience (FSE) programs are designed to help incoming students feel confident and prepared as they enroll at Elon. FSE programs embrace the university’s commitment to experiential learning, and use this guiding philosophy to help students develop self-awareness, enhance relationships, and define community in preparation for their Elon experience.
Dates: July 6-9, 2021
Engage provides a unique opportunity to support incoming first-year students in their transition to Elon through a community service lens. While participating in Engage, you will get to meet other first-year students who share similar interests, and get to know current student leaders, staff, and faculty members. Through Engage, you will:
- Spend a week living in a residence hall and get time to explore campus
- Volunteer with multiple community organizations
- Explore parts of Alamance County that many students do not get a chance to see
- Get to know the local community outside of Elon
- And get advice on preparing for your first-year and beyond from current students, faculty, and staff
Acceptance into Engage is on a first-come, first-served basis, so submit your registration early. If you have any questions, contact Kyle Anderson via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
I had one of the best weeks of my life participating in the Engage program. It helped me feel so prepared and ready to attend Elon with the friends and connections I made.”
-Claire Aft, Engage Participant
*The cost includes 3 nights and 4 days of lodging, meals, activities, airport shuttles (if you are flying), and transportation during the program. Program supplies and staffing are also included in this price.