Get to Know Your Oaks Neighbors
Neighborhood Leadership Team
Trianne Smith is the Community Director of Oaks Neighborhood. She lives in the Williams Building and her office is located in the Oaks Neighborhood Office in McCoy Commons.
Dr. Julie Justice is the Faculty Director of The Oaks. Dr. Justice lives in Williams Building with her husband William and their son Liam. Dr. Justice’s campus office is located in Mooney, in the School of Education.
Annie Hester is the Program Assistant for Oaks Neighborhood. Ms. Annie’s office is located in McCoy Commons.
Together, Dr. Justice and Trianne oversee the development of the social and intellectual life of the Oaks Neighborhood. They are the Co-Chairs for the Oaks Neighborhood Association (ONA), which consists of students who reside in the neighborhood as well as faculty and staff who are engaged in various events and programs with the neighborhood. The “ONA” works to serve the interests of the residents in the Oaks/Park Place community while planning and implementing programming that fulfills the goals and outcomes of the Oaks Neighborhood Plan. The ONA meets four to six times per year and offers leadership opportunities for students and an easy way for faculty and staff to become more engaged in the life of our neighborhood. Neighborhood Association meetings are scheduled for the second Friday of the month in the Oaks Club Room from 3:00 – 4:30 p.m.
The Oaks Neighborhood Association Members
- Joan Ruelle, Dean and University Librarian
- Mary Morrison, Assistant Dean of Students and Director of the Kernodle Center for Service Learning and Community Engagement
- Kate Upton, Assistant Professor of Finance
- Titch Madzima, Assistant Professor of Exercise Science
- Kim Fath, Assistant Director for Assessment for Institutional Research and Assessment
- TBD, with the Center for Race, Ethnicity, and Diversity Education
- Dan Reis, Instructional Technologist for Teaching and Learning Technologies
- Danielle Golinski, Assistant Director of Career Services – Love School of Business
- Additional member TBD, affiliated with Center for the Arts