Get to Know Your Global Neighbors
Neighborhood Leadership Team
Kaila Price is the Community Director of Global Neighborhood. She lives in Global E with her partner, Andrea, and her office is on the first floor of Global Commons.
Dr. Jennifer Zinchuk is the Faculty Director of Global. Professor Zinchuk lives in Global C with her partner, Dan, and her son. Her campus office is in Alamance Hall, but you can find her often in Global Neighborhood office on the first floor of Global Commons.
Sam Beckas is the Graduate Assistant for Global Neighborhood. Her office is located on the first floor of Global Commons.
Sara Kehl is the Program Assistant for Global Neighborhood. Her office is located on the first floor of Global Commons.
Glenn Scott is Faculty-in-Residence in Global Neighborhood. He lives with his wife, Misako, in Global A and advises the International Living Learning Community.
Together, Dr. Zinchuk, Kaila, and Sam oversee the development of the social and intellectual life of the Global Neighborhood. Dr. Zinchuk and Kaila are the Co-Chairs for the Global Neighborhood Association, which consists of students who reside in the neighborhood as well as faculty and staff who are engaged in various events and programs with the neighborhood. The Neighborhood Association works to serve the interests of the residents in the Global community while planning and implementing programming that fulfills the objectives and goals of the Global Neighborhood Plan. The Neighborhood Association meets four to six times per year and offers leadership opportunities for students and an easy way for faculty and staff to become more engaged in the life of our neighborhood. Please check out our Get Involved page for more information about connecting to the neighborhood.
Global Neighborhood Association Members
Faculty and Staff Representatives
- Graduate Assistant: Sam Beckas
- Faculty-in-Residence: Glenn Scott
- Representative(s) from the LLC advisors: TBD
- Representative(s) from the linked course faculty: L.D. Russell, Jennifer Hart
- Representative from the Isabella Cannon Global Education Center: Victoria Thompson
- Representative from International Studies program leadership: Safia Swimelar
- Representative from World Languages and Cultures: Binnan Gao
- Representative from Academic Advising, Writing Center, or Library: Shannon Tennant
- Representative from Kernodle Center for Service Learning and Community Engagement: Bob Frigo
- Representative from the Student Professional Development Center: Kristen Aquilino
- Visiting Scholar-in-Residence: Jo Pettitt (fall semester)
- Lead Student Mentor: Nick Everage
- Resident Area Coordinator (or Representative of the RA staff): Amy Belfer
- IRC Liaison :TBD
- Two House Ambassadors: TBD
- Eco-Rep: Meg Trepp
- Service Partnership Coord: Camden Formby-Lavertu
Residential Learning Community Faculty and Staff Advisors
Creative Arts – Global Village Building E, 2nd Floor, Advisors:
International – Global Building D, 2nd Floor, Advisor:
Leaders in a Global World – Global Building A, 3rd Floor, Advisors:
Performing Arts – Global B, 2nd Floor, Advisor:
Polyglot Floor (World Languages) – All languages are welcome! Global Building D, 4th Floor, Advisors:
Resident Area Coordinator, Global Neighborhood
Class Year: 2019
Major/minor: Human Service Studies major with Spanish, Poverty & Social Justice, and Theater Arts minors
Lead Student Mentor, Global Neighborhood
Class Year: 2018
Major/minor: Political Science with a Leadership Studies minor