The African Diaspora Living Learning Community (AD LLC) provides students with opportunities to explore African, African American, and Black diasporic cultures at Elon and worldwide. The AD LLC is connected with the Center for Race, Ethnicity, & Diversity Education (CREDE) and African and African American Studies Minor at Elon University (AAASE) to support the in-depth exploration into the rich history and multi-dimensional experience of Blackness. Living in this community allows students to dive deeper into their understanding of Blackness through workshops, projects, mentorship, advocacy, and immersive programs.
Why is the African Diaspora LLC for you?
Open to students of all academic interests and racial/ethnic backgrounds, the African Diaspora LLC is the perfect fit for students interested in the expansive, global and interconnected nature of the lived experiences of those who have ancestral ties to Africa. Living in this community allows students to investigate their own identities as global citizens, partake in programming and dialogue that is meaningful to issues surrounding the African diaspora, and provides students with opportunities to be involved in the local Black community.
Students living in the African Diaspora LLC are expected to:
- Attend regularly scheduled floor meetings and discussions
- Attend regular scheduled community engagement programming
- Residents of the African Diaspora Living Learning Community are expected to take at least one course aligned with the African and African-American Studies Minor at Elon University during Winter Term or the Spring Semester.
The African Diaspora LLC is on the 4th Floor of Jackson Hall (C) in the Global Neighborhood. This location affords greater opportunity for students to engage diversity at the intersections of nationality, race, ethnicity and social interests.
- Jackson Hall 4th Floor in the Global Neighborhood
- The floor has capacity for 36 students (spaces are held primarily for first years with limited space for sophomores, juniors, & seniors). The floor features 1 large community room, 1 study room and 1 kitchen
Contact the African Diaspora LLC Advisor: Simone Royal