The Student Complaint Form provides students with an avenue to submit a concern regarding any area on campus for which no other specific process exists.
This form should NOT be used to submit complaints or grievances regarding:
- Identity-based Bias/Title IX
- Disabilities (see Disability Resources Guidebook)
- Grade appeals (see Student Handbook)
- Student Conduct Appeals (see Student Handbook)
If a student has a complaint other than those related to Identity-based bias, Title IX, disabilities/special needs, grade appeal, or student conduct appeals, the student should:
- Attempt to resolve the issue at the office that is the source of the complaint by speaking with a supervisor.
- If step #1 does not result in a satisfactory resolution, the student will be instructed to submit a written complaint by filling out the online form located at www.elon.edu/complaint.
- Any University staff member or administrator can also submit a form on behalf of a student.
- A University staff person from the office of the Vice President for Student Life will then direct the information to the appropriate department to determine a course of action.
- You will receive confirmation that your complaint was received and routed to the appropriate office within 24 hours.
Please see the student handbook for additional information.
If this is an emergency situation, please contact campus safety and police at (336) 278-5555.
If you have questions about this form or would like to speak with a staff member about your complaint, please contact Susan Lindley, Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Student Life and Dean of Students at (336) 278-7220 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit a Complaint
- Current Students (login required): Click here to submit a complaint.
- Prospective Students: Click here to submit a complaint.
Note: If you are having trouble logging in, please use your full Elon email address as your username.
SACSCOC – Complaint Policy and Process
Elon University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award bachelor’s and master’s degrees, the doctor of physical therapy degree and juris doctor degree.
Individuals may submit complaints to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, the University’s regional accrediting body. In most cases, SACSCOC complaint procedures require that the complainant exhaust all other avenues to address the complaint. Prior to filing a complaint, please carefully review the SACSCOC Complaint Procedures Policy Statement.
The links below provide information on the SACSCOC complaint policy and process.
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
1866 Southern Lane
Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097
Telephone: (404) 679-4500
SACSCOC Complaint Procedures
SACSCOC Complaint Form
State Agencies – Complaint Policies and Processes
Additionally, if you are not satisfied with the outcome of the complaint, you may choose to file a complaint with the Consumer Protection Division of the North Carolina Department of Justice, please visit the State Attorney General’s web page regarding complaints at: http://www.ncdoj.gov/complaint. North Carolina residents may call (877) 566-7226. Outside of North Carolina, please call (919) 716-6000. En Español (919) 716-0058.
If you choose to mail a complaint, please use the following address:
Consumer Protection Division
Attorney General’s Office
Mail Service Center 9001
Raleigh, NC 27699-9001
Online and Distance Education
Elon University participates in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement – North Carolina (SARA-NC).
Complaints related to Online and Distance Education may be submitted using the general complaint form on this page. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the institutional complaint process, you may choose to file a complaint with North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority (NCSEAA) which is the SARA portal entity for North Carolina.
North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority
c/o SARA North Carolina
P.O. Box 14103
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
T: (855) 727-2162
NCSEAA (SARA-NC) Complaint Process
NCSEAA (SARA-NC) Complaint Form
Professional Licensure Programs
Under SARA-NC guidelines, Elon University discloses that it does not offer any entirely (or substantially) online programs that lead to professional licensure.