11th Annual NCICU Assessment Conference - June 3
Elon University to host Annual Assessment Conference
Registration is now open for the 11th Annual North Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities (NCICU) Assessment Conference will be held on June 2- 3 at Elon University. Dr. Tom Angelo, author of Classroom Assessment Techniques: A Handbook for College Teachers, will be the featured speaker at this year's meeting. Dr. Angelo will present a keynote plenary session, a concurrent session, and a pre-conference workshop on aligning learning outcomes with course and program goals.
Conference sessions will be held in Lakeside Hall and the Global Neighborhood.
Elon faculty and staff will also be represented at this meeting:
- Lynne Bisko, Library, will present on assessment in the personal librarian program
- John Dooley, Student Life, will present on the role of student affairs in institutional assessment
- Kim Fath, Office of Institutional Research and Assessment, will co-faciliate a pre-conference session on the basics of assessment
- Cara McFadden, Sport and Event Management, will present on curriculum mapping
- Paula Rosinski, English, and Kim Fath will co-present on the importance of meaningful assignments in assessment of writing-related student learning outcomes