Elon Music Theatre alumni seen on Broadway, national tours, TV and film
Elon has 28 music theatre alumni who can currently be seen this fall/winter in 11 different Broadway shows and 14 national and international tours including "Hamilton," "Mean Girls," "Hello Dolly," "Wicked," "The Book of Mormon," "Dear Evan Hansen," "The Lion King," "Les Miserables," "CATS," "Aladdin," "Cinderella" and more.
Elon University proudly has 28 music theatre alumni who can be seen this fall and winter in 11 different Broadway shows and 14 national and international tours.
BROADWAY AND NATIONAL TOUR NEWS
- Taylor Trensch ‘11 can currently be seen as Barnaby Tucker in the acclaimed revival of "Hello, Dolly!" on Broadway, until he assumes the lead role of Evan Hansen in the Tony-Awarded Best Musical "Dear Evan Hansen" in January.
- Barrett Weed ’11 will be starring as Janis Sarkisian in the much-anticipated stage adaptation of "Mean Girls" at the National Theatre in D.C., coming to Broadway in March.
- Gerald Caesar ’16 recently departed the Broadway cast of "A Bronx Tale" and is now starring as Simba in the National Tour of "The Lion King" alongside fellow alum Phylicia Pearl ’15, opening in October.
- JJ Niemann ’17 can currently be seen ringing doorbells in the Broadway cast of "The Book of Mormon."
- Ginna Claire Mason ’13 can currently be seen starring as Glinda alongside Matt Meigs ‘12 in the National Tour of "WICKED."
- Nasia Thomas ’15 can currently be seen in the World Premiere of "Ain’t Too Proud: The Temptations Musical," heading to Broadway in 2018.
- Tanner Ray Wilson can currently be seen in the Broadway revival of "CATS," now through December.
- Matt Shingledecker ’08 will be starring as Enjolras in the National Tour of "Les Miserables," opening in September.
- Rob Marnell ’06 can currently be seen in the Broadway cast of "Beautiful: The Carole King Musical."
- Patrick Clanton ’14 will be joining the long-awaited National Tour of "School of Rock," opening in September.
- Kennedy Caughell ’12 & Ashley Perez Flanagan ’10 recently closed a successful run in the critically-acclaimed "Natasha, Pierre, & The Great Comet of 1812" on Broadway, and received the Chita Rivera Award for "Best Ensemble."
- Alyssa McAnany ’15 will be joining the North American premiere National Tour of "Love Never Dies," the sequel to "The Phantom of the Opera," in September.
- Paul Heesang Miller ’10 can be seen in the current Broadway revival cast of "Miss Saigon" now through December.
- Savannah Sprinkle ’15 and Mara Lucas ’15 are currently starring as Catherine and the Leading Player, respectively, in the National Tour of "Pippin" now through November.
- Michael Callahan ’13 can currently be seen in the cast and serving as the dance captain in the National Tour of "Aladdin."
- Johnny Stellard ’10 is currently in the cast and serving as the dance captain in "Anastasia" on Broadway.
- Leah Greene ’15 is currently traveling around Asia in the International Tour of "Sister Act."
- John Barsoian ’15 will be joining the National Tour of "Cinderella" this fall, with choreography being set by "Cinderella" alum Emilie Renier ’12.
- Lindsay Northen ’03 can currently be seen in the ensemble and as the Glinda understudy in "WICKED" on Broadway.
- Chris McNiff ’14 will be joining the National Tour of "White Christmas" this holiday season.
- Chelsey Clark ’09 is currently playing Lulu in the National Tour of "Cabaret."
- Michael Moore ’13 will be starring as Monty in the International Tour of "Saturday Night Fever."
- Grant Gustin just completed his third season as Barry Allen/The Flash on The CW’s “The Flash,” and will begin filming Season 4 shortly. This year, Gustin was nominated for his role in “The Flash” for Teen Choice TV Actor, Kids Choice Award Male TV Star, MTV Best Hero Award, Teen Choice TV Action Star, and Teen Choice TV Villain.
- Chris Wood ’10 just completed Season 2 of “Supergirl” on The CW as series regular, Mon-El. He was also nominated alongside Gustin for his role in “Supergirl” for Teen Choice TV Actor.
- Lauren Adams ’04 recently wrapped up Season 3 of the hit Netflix series “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt” as Gretchen Chalker.
In addition to Broadway, National Tours, Television, and Film, dozens Elon Music Theatre alumni are performing around the country this fall and winter in Off-Broadway shows, at regional theatres like Ogunquit Playhouse, Flat Rock Playhouse, Marriot Theatre, North Shore Music Theatre, Casa Manana, and on cruise lines like Norwegian Cruise Line, Carnival Cruise Line, and Aida Cruise Line.
Here are a few of those alumni highlights:
- John Yi ’11 is currently playing Bobo in the World Premiere of ‘KPOP’ Off-Broadway with Ars Nova, open now through Oct. 7.
- Mackenzie Bell ’09 is performing in the World Premiere of “Summer,” the new Donna Summer biographical musical, opening at La Jolla Playhouse on Nov. 7.
- Lexi Carter ’17, Drew Shafranek ’16, and Alec Michael Ryan ‘19 are joining the cast of the Broadway-bound musical "From Here to Eternity" at Ogunquit Playhouse, opening Oct. 4.
- Drew Redington and DeShawn Bowens ’15 are currently performing in "Honeymoon in Vegas" at the Marriot Theatre in Chicago, now through October 15.
- Dan Lusardi ’17 will be joining the cast of ‘42 Street’ at North Shore Music Theatre, opening October 31.
- Dorian McCorey ’16 will be performing in ‘Little Shop of Horrors” at Flat Rock Playhouse, opening October 6.
- Caleb Albert ’17 and Renee La Schiazza ’16 are currently playing Schroeder and Lucy, respectively, in "You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown" at Flat Rock Playhouse, now through Sept. 24. The production also features direction by Charlie Johnson ’12, choreography by Maddie Franke ’11, and musical direction by Matthew Glover ’11.
- Julian Burzynski ’17 is joining Norwegian Cruise Line as a principal performer in four shows, now through May 2018.
- Erin Burniston ’10 is currently performing in the World Premiere of the new musical "Heartbreak Hotel," featuring the music of Elvis Presley, running now through Sept. 30 at Ogunquit Playhouse.
- Kelley Norman ’17 is currently performing in "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" at Casa Manana Theatre, now through Sept. 17.
- Ethan Andersen ’14 is currently the resident musical director for Flat Rock Playhouse, the State Theatre of North Carolina.
- Jordan Frazier ’15 is currently performing with Carnival Cruise Lines around the Caribbean.
- Patrick Coleman ’17 will be the dance captain for "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" at Out Front Theatre Company, the LGBTQ-centered theatre company in Atlanta, this October.
- Allison Spratt Pearce ’00 will portray Susannah in "Black Pearl Sings" at San Diego Repertory Theatre this November.
- Joshua Tyler Parrott ’16 is currently in "Man of La Mancha" with Orlando Shakespeare Theatre, now through Oct. 8.
- Lucy Werner ’14 is currently performing with Aida Cruise Line.
- Andrew Gleckler ’17 recently performed in a staged reading of a new play, "The Little Lion," at Mill Mountain Theatre.
- Tayler Mettra ’11 is currently playing Olive in "The 25 Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee" at Norris Theatre with Palos Verdes Performing Arts.
- Courtney Markowitz ’10 is performing in "Broadway Under the Stars" with Transcendence Theatre Company.