Dozens of Music Theatre alumni to star in upcoming Broadway shows and National Tours this spring
Twenty-three Elon Music Theatre alumni will be seen this spring on Broadway and on tour in hit shows like "Dear Evan Hansen," "Hamilton," "Wicked," and "The Book of Mormon," and in brand-new musicals coming to Broadway like "Mean Girls," "Head Over Heels," and "Summer: The Donna Summer Musical."
BROADWAY AND NATIONAL TOUR NEWS
- Taylor Trensch recently departed the Broadway revival cast of “Hello, Dolly!” as Barnaby Tucker to assume the lead role of Evan Hansen in the Tony-Awarded Best Musical "Dear Evan Hansen" in February.
- Adam Kaplan ’12 is currently starring as Calogero in the highly-praised new musical “A Bronx Tale” on Broadway.
- Barrett Weed ’11 is currently starring as Janis Sarkisian in the hit stage adaptation of "Mean Girls,” coming to Broadway this March.
- Gerald Caesar ’16 recently departed the Broadway cast of "A Bronx Tale" and is now starring as Simba in the National Tour of "The Lion King" alongside fellow alum Phylicia Pearl ’15, who is a Swing and understudies the role of Shenzi.
- Nasia Thomas ’15 can currently be seen as Little Eva in the Broadway cast of “Beautiful: The Carole King Musical” before she joins the Kennedy Center cast of “Ain’t Too Proud: The Temptations Musical,” coming to Broadway next season.
- Fergie Philippe ’17 recently joined the new National Tour of the Tony-Award Winning Musical “Hamilton” as Hercules Mulligan/James Madison.
- JJ Niemann ’17 can currently be seen ringing doorbells as a Swing in the Broadway cast of "The Book of Mormon.”
- Mackenzie Bell ’09 will be disco dancing in the new musical “Summer: The Donna Summer Musical” coming to Broadway this March.
- Tanner Ray Wilson will be in the ensemble and the Dance Captain for the original Broadway cast of “Head Over Heels,” the new musical by the Go-Gos, coming to Broadway this summer.
- Kennedy Caughell ’12 recently joined the Broadway cast of “Beautiful: The Carole King Musical” (Betty/Carole King u/s) alongside fellow alum Rob Marnell ’06 (Swing and Gerry Goffin u/s).
- Ginna Claire Mason ’13 can currently be seen starring as Glinda alongside Matt Meigs ’12, who is in the Ensemble and understudies Boq, in the National Tour of "WICKED."
- Matt Shingledecker ’08 is currently starring as Enjolras in the National Tour of "Les Miserables.”
- Patrick Clanton ’14 is currently touring with the long-awaited National Tour of "School of Rock.”
- Alyssa McAnany ’15 is currently in the Ensemble and understudying Meg in the North American premiere National Tour of "Love Never Dies," the sequel to "The Phantom of the Opera.”
- Michael Callahan ’13 can currently be seen as a Swing and serving as the dance captain in the National Tour of "Aladdin."
- Johnny Stellard ’10 is currently in the Ensemble and understudying the lead Dmitry in "Anastasia" on Broadway.
- John Barsoian ’15 is currently in the Ensemble and covering Prince Topher in the National Tour of "Cinderella.”
- Lindsay Northen ’03 can currently be seen in the Ensemble and as the Glinda understudy in "WICKED" on Broadway.
- Michael Moore ’13 is currently starring as Woof in the International Tour of "Hair.”
In addition to Broadway and National Tours, dozens of Elon Music Theatre alumni are performing around the country this spring in Off-Broadway shows, at regional theatres and venues like the Kennedy Center, Arkansas Repertory Theatre, Theatreworks, Barrington Stage Company, San Diego Musical Theatre, and on cruise lines like Disney Cruise Line, Norwegian Cruise Line, Carnival Cruise Line, Holland America Line, and Aida Cruise Line.
Here are a few of those alumni highlights:
- Andrew Frace ’04 is currently the male swing and Bob Gaudio u/s for the New World Stages production of “Jersey Boys” Off-Broadway.
- Jessica Wockenfuss ’09 recently performed in “Hey, Look Me Over!” Off-Broadway with City Center Encores.
- Nasia Thomas ’15 will be performing in the pre-Broadway engagements of “Aint Too Proud: The Temptations Musical” in Toronto, Los Angeles, and the Kennedy Center in DC this summer.
- Tanner Ray Wilson will perform in the World Premiere of “Head Over Heels” at the Curran Theatre in San Francisco this April.
- Drew Shafranek ’16 is setting sail starring as Kristoff in “Frozen” on Disney Cruise Line in February.
- Zane Phillips ’15 is currently starring as Sky in “Mamma Mia!” at Arkansas Repertory Theatre, opening March 14.
- Becky Frohlinger ’16 is currently performing in “Jersey Boys” on Norwegian Cruise Line for the next 6 months.
- Sumi Yu ’15 is currently starring as Laurey in “Oklahoma!” with Theatreworks in Colorado Springs this February and March.
- George P. Roberts ’17 will be playing Harpo in “The Color Purple” at La Comedia Dinner Theatre this February through April.
- Nick Martinez ’15 will be performing as Sonny in “In the Heights” at John W. Engeman Theatre, opening March 15.
- Gaby Gomez ’15 will be performing in “Jekyll & Hyde” with Virginia Musical Theatre this March.
- Allison Spratt Pearce ’00 will star as Anita Bryant in the World Premiere of “The Loneliest Girl in the World” at Diversionary Theatre this May.
- Jessica Riloff ’16 will be performing as Libby Tucker in “I Ought to Be in Pictures” by Neil Simon at Act II Playhouse in Philadelphia this March.
- Emily Fallon ’17 is currently a principle performer in numerous shows on Aida Cruise Line.
- Diego Sayao ’16 will be performing in “Evita” at the Arts Center of Coastal Carolina this May.
- Molly O’Meara ’17 will be performing in “South Pacific” with San Diego Musical Theatre in April.
- Joshua Tyler Parrott ’16 will be performing as Curio in “Twelfth Night” with Orlando Shakespeare this February.
- Katie Emerson ’08 recently performed in the concert reading of the new musical “Between the Lines.”
- Jillian Hannah ’16 will be performing in “The Secret Garden” at Theatre Calgary in April.
- Tayler Mettra ’12 is currently performing as Princess Elena of Avalor at Disney California Adventure.
- Julian Burzynski ’17 is currently performing on Norwegian Cruise Line as a principal performer in four shows, now through May.
- Jordan Frazier ’15 is currently performing with several shows on Carnival Cruise Lines around the Caribbean.
- Nicole Uram ’15 is currently rocking out in “We Will Rock You” at Pittsburgh Musical Theatre.
- Jill Vanderoef ’11 is currently performing as a principal vocalist on Holland America Cruise Line.
- Julianne Katz ’10 will be choreographing “James and the Giant Peach” at Barrington Stage Company this summer.
- Lucy Werner ’14 is currently performing in “Aida Stars” with Aida Cruise Line.