Financial information for 2016-17 academic year
Current parents received an email communication in early spring 2016 regarding financial information for the upcoming academic year
In an effort to keep all parents informed, below is important financial information for the 2016-2017 academic year. The information was previously communicated via email.
From the Office of Financial Planning in March 2016
This email was sent to your student today reminding them that now is the time to file for financial aid for the 2016/17 year if you choose to file.
Students who wish to apply for ALL TYPES OF NEED-BASED FINANCIAL AID (grants, loans, and work-study awarded on the basis of the family's financial circumstances). If you previously filed the CSS Profile form, it is again this year. To be considered for need-based aid, students and parents must follow the steps below. We suggest that forms be filed as soon as possible.
1. Any time AFTER January 1, 2016, complete the Renewal FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov using the student and the parent FSA ID’s. If you have forgotten your FSA ID, you may go to https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm to get a duplicate FSA ID or contact the Federal Processor at 1-800-433-3243. As of February 2, 2016, the FAFSA will offer a data match with the IRS and allow an import of your filed tax information to assure a correct FAFSA.
2. We are no longer using the Elon Aid Application beginning with the 2016/17 year.
3. Shortly after filing the FAFSA, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) by electronic notification (if you provided an e-mail address when filing your FAFSA) that the SAR is available to review online. REVIEW ALL OF THE COMMENTS AND ALL OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SAR. In some cases, you may have to take additional steps or provide additional or corrected information in order to complete your federal application.
4. If we request additional information after receipt of your FAFSA results, your file is not complete and ready for evaluation until we receive the requested additional information.
5. Elon participates in the Direct Loan program administered by the Department of Education for all federal student loans. Please refer to our website www.elon.edu/finaidborrow for further information on this program.
Award notifications will be available early June, 2016.
Compiled by the Office of Parent Engagement.