Alumna Jessica Swearengin named Apple Distinguished Educator
Jessica Swearengin '05, a world history teacher at Mooresville High School in Mooresville, N.C., has been named to the 2009 class of Apple Distinguished Educators.
According to Apple, Distinguished Educators "are members of a select group of K-12 and Higher Education professionals possessing an identified expertise in educational technology leadership." Swearengin is one of 50 standouts selected from the United States.
The Apple Distinguished Educator program seeks to:
• Recognize educators who integrate technology into the curricula and their learning environments in meaningful ways.
• Enhance the professional development of these exemplary educators.
• Create a global community of educators to exchange experiences, projects and ideas.
• Empower education advocates with knowledge of Apple technologies and solutions.
• Foster community-based involvement through a direct relationship with Apple.
At Elon, Swearengin was a N.C. Teaching Fellow and standout softball player from 2001-2004.