DPT students, faculty and alumni travel to Romania to educate and assist those in need
Bill Andrews, associate professor of physical therapy, led doctor of physical therapy students and alumni on a trip to Romania in August 2011.
While there, the group engaged in a number of educational and service opportunities in the local community. Those activities include the following:
- providing educational inservices to staff who care for children with disabilities in rehabilitation centers
- providing inservices to parents who care for children with disabilities in the community
- providing developmental evaluations of children with disabilities
- interacting and playing with healthy children living in the orphanages and at risk of being put into the orphanages
- visiting with health care professionals and touring health care facilities
- supporting the efforts of the staff at Children to Love, a Romanian-run ministry that serves children in the orphanages and those at risk
- providing comfort care to children living in the rehabilitation centers
- participating in a Bible study on the theology of suffering and disability ministry.