Peter Hoffman continues national leadership in trial advocacy instruction
In 2013, Elon Law Professor Peter Hoffman has delivered numerous lectures and administered foreign and domestic training in trial procedure and advocacy.
Several of Hoffman’s activities concerning the fields of trial advocacy and procedure have been in conjunction with the National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA). Some of his activities include the following:
- Taught NITA Depositions and Advanced Depositions Program for Jenner & Block in Chicago, Illinois, from January 10-11
- Taught NITA Evidentiary Objections Program for Jackson-Walker in Austin, Texas, on February 28
- Served as Program Director & Team Leader for Bracewell & Giuliani Deposition Training Program in Houston, Texas, from March 18-19
- Conducted a Train the Trainers Trial Skills Program for the Texas Supreme Court’s Children’s Commission in Austin, Texas, on April 1
- Ran the Jackson-Walker NITA Trial Skills Program in Dallas, Texas, from April 22-26
- Served as Team Leader for the Southeastern Regional NITA Deposition Program in Raleigh, North Carolina, from May 9-11
- Presented a series of evidence lectures at the Houston Family Law Trial Institute at South Texas College of Law in Houston, Texas, from May 20-21
- Spoke on teaching advocacy internationally at Stetson University Law School’s “Educating Advocates: Teaching Advocacy Skills" from May 23-25
- Served on the Faculty of the Southern Regional NITA Trial Program at SMU Law School in Dallas, Texas, from June 1-2
- Conducted trial training for associate attorneys as part of the Cozen O’Connor Trial Academy in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, from June 3-7
- Trained Mexican Family Court judges in oral trial procedures in Mexico City, Mexico, from June 10-14
- Conducted deposition training for the Jackson-Walker NITA Deposition Program in Austin, Texas, from June 27-29
In addition, Hoffman delivered the Geoffrey Fieger Trial Practice Institute’s Seventh Annual Lecture at Michigan State University College of Law and coauthored a National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA) video catalog on effective depositions.
Hoffman is one of the nation’s leading authorities on trial advocacy, depositions, and evidence and co-author of the largest-selling book on deposition practice, The Effective Deposition: Techniques and Strategies That Work.