A. In case of a major utility failure during regular business hours (8 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays) immediately notify the Physical Plant office at ext 5500.
B.If you believe there is potential danger to building occupants-Dial 911.
The Campus Safety and Police phone number is 278-5555—on campus ext. 5555.
C. If the utility failure occurs after regular hours,
Non-emergency reporting call ext. 5555 Campus Safety and Police.
D. Survival tips for other utility emergencies
- Power Outage - Keep a flashlight in your desk or purse. Department Offices should have flashlights on hand also.
- Elevator Failure - If you are trapped, use the emergency telephone in the elevator front control panel to contact Campus Safety & Police at ext. 5555. If the elevator does not have an emergency telephone, use the emergency alarm to signal for help.
- Plumbing Failure/Flooding - Stop using any electrical equipment. Vacate the area if necessary. Notify Campus Safety & Police at ext. 5555 Notify Physical Plant at ext. 5500.
- Gas Leak - Stop what you are doing. Do not turn on lights or any electrical equipment - a spark from an electrical switch can cause an explosion. Vacate the area. Dial 911.
- Steam Line Failure - Vacate the area. Notify Campus Safety & Police at ext. 5555. Notify Physical Plant at ext. 5500.
- Ventilation Problems - If smoke or noxious odors come from the ventilation system, vacate the area. Notify Campus Safety & Police at ext. 5555. Notify Physical Plant at ext 5500.